iPhone Invasion of the Cutiebots (WIP)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bmarko0101, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Bmarko0101

Bmarko0101 Member

May 6, 2013
    #1 Bmarko0101, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    You play as Gritch and Zitch and you defend your creepy world from the onslaught of cute animal robots brought forth from the evil Dr.Whiskers. You slash your way from cute sparkplugs and Candy gorillas and you climb candy coated walls as you try to reclaim your world. Will Dr. whiskers take over your world or will you stop him?

We wanted to make a serious platforming game where you had two characters with different abilities. So Gritch is the big red guy he's got the stronger attack and can also double jump but is slow. Zitch is the smaller green guy whose faster and can attack at a distance but does less damage.

So between those we have a mix in the levels where you need to switch back and forth in real time and we wanted to give a pretty crazy dark but cute environment. Anyway check out the screenshots and I'll keep this thread updated as we make progress.

If you guys have any questions or suggestions please let me know!

Also if you're into us like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoodnightGames

Gameplay Video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Will you post the gameplay of the game?

3. Bmarko0101

Bmarko0101 Member

May 6, 2013
    Why yes my good sir there will be!....we are working on one right now for you guys

4. Bmarko0101

Bmarko0101 Member

May 6, 2013
  5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks a lot. I've seen the gameplay, it's not terrible, but maybe the gameplay is not smooth?

6. Bmarko0101

Bmarko0101 Member

May 6, 2013
    oh yea the gameplay doesnt look that smooth because of the screen recording method....its a lot smoother when it comes out :).....any other criticisms?

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I hope it is the recording's speed issues, as it looks floaty and slow, almost like a working alpha build. Having said that, I like most of what's there, and love the genre deeply. Color me very hopeful. Any release date goal yet? :)

8. goodnightgames

goodnightgames Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Game Developer
    New York, New York
    #8 goodnightgames, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    We're shooting for September 22nd on the iPad then not long after that for iPhone. Thanks for the support!

I threw together another video this has the play through of levels 1 and 2.

I may or may not be doing by best Bob Ross impression here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R92BvHe3bVI

9. goodnightgames

goodnightgames Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Game Developer
    New York, New York
    Another update: We've got some crazy bugs going on, turns out our images were a little bigger than our engine could handle and we've got a case of magically shrinking players.

So we're going to move the release date to October 3rd on iPad. I'll have a trailer and some promo codes this coming week.