Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-24-2014, 07:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity89 View Post
Ecxact should I wait for optimization or buy this game already. I played and enjoyed Combo Crew but never finished it!
So what should I do since I already went overboard this week!
The game was loading, hence the framerate issues. I just let is load a bit, then it was butter smooth again.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:31 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Soooo...... How's the game?
Old 07-25-2014, 03:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmind View Post
Soooo...... How's the game?
Very Combo Crew, since it's from the same devs. The controls are better IMO though, with only single touch inputs instead of the 2-touch in Combo Crew.

TMNT controls really well, has Combo Crew's deep combat system (mindlessly attacking wont get you anywhere past the tutorial stages), and moveset customization, and has a story with pun-heavy dialogue albeit a little shallow on the story part. The comic cutscenes are pretty good though.

It has a story mode, and an endless mode.

It's got consumable IAPs, but i am about to finish the story mode with a steady stream of ingame-acquired cash and gems.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've got to say that I am pleasantly surprised by this one.

Played for about an hour last night while watching TV (something I don't usually do at home). The graphics and interpretations of the new turtle designs works really well. The cell shading style makes for a sweet junction between comic and live action.

The gameplay, as previously mentioned, is basically a simplified Combo Crew with a little more emphasis on precise swiping if that makes sense. Combo Crew at times was about how fast you could tap or swipe but in this one it is about how precise you can swipe on a dude while also tapping to counter. Again, it is simpler as I have gotten throw the first several stages with only one finger but I have had to be more precise in where I am molesting my screen with said finger.

The turtle team ups is also a super simple yet super cool twist.

My only real concern is the currency and IAP stuff but as has been mentioned they do a good job of dishing out the currency so far. I've been holding off on buying moves and stuff, but I have a ton of it. I'm a little gun shy about spending premium currency in any game with IAPs for that currency but it seems like the game is begging me to spend it by continuing to give me more.

So far so good.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Yeah the game is so addictive.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So... I've finished story mode with a maxed out Raphael. I have bought all Ninjutsu for Michaelangelo, and bought his second to the last weapon, and im slowly completing stages with Mike.

And... I think it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy ALL weapons with the gems provided in the game. Unless i missed the part where i am able to gain tons of gems from the survival mode, then it is impossible to earn enough gems to get all achievements (which include buying ALL weapons for each turtle) unless you buy some gems through IAP. THIS PART IS DISAPPOINTING.

Earning gold is easy enough. It's the gems for the weapons that are lacking in this game.

Other than that, the rest of the game is top-notch. I've had my $4 worth of fun in the game, but im still disappointed i cant get everything the game provides with the premium price.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
I was totally in love with the turtles growing up in the 80's and 90's. This is a wonderful arcade touch-optimized fighter - really happy with it.

That said, the experience is waaay better on an iPhone/iPod. Tried it out on a mini last night and it was much more of a pain. It's like night and day.
Was thinking that, so I'm downloading it for Android and my smaller screen right now.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 AM

For me, it was really worth the money, great game. Hopefully The Game Bakers will come up with a second Combo Crew.

Last edited by B30; 07-28-2014 at 03:04 AM..
Old 07-28-2014, 12:11 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universal gameplay

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-03-2014, 09:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just completed getting 3-stars on each mission, but im still missing a few perfect stages and weapons and ninjutsu for Leo and Don, and i havent finished survival mode yet (all 35 stages with limited amount of items is nuts!), but this is another game i consider as one of the best i've played on iOS this year.

The more streamlined controls (as compared with its big brother Combo Crew) is enough to take this game up to my top list, as it already has the makings of my favorite iOS brawler which was Combo Crew.