Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-20-2014, 05:21 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFFanatic View Post
As of now, this seems to be the optimal way to fuse without grinding too much - get the lowest levelled creature as the base, and fuse creatures of the same faction and species together for maximum bonus. This is the key to getting any creature to Lv 60 and above efficiently. Just some examples:

(1) Same Faction ONLY (Low Lv Base):

Lv 1 + 4 x Lv 60 = 1 + 4 x 1475% = 1 + 59 = Lv 60

This essentially makes the base creature be of the average level of the consumed creatures as the result. This is my most go-to method for levelling non-common base creatures to Lv 60.

(2) Same Faction ONLY (Same Lv Base):

Lv 60 + 4 x Lv 60 = 60 + 4 x 100% = 60 + 4 = Lv 64

The bonus diminishes as the level difference between the base creature and and consumed creatures decreases. Unless you have a second copy of a non-Common creature of the same species lying around, this seems to be the most efficient way level them without resorting to using non-Common creatures as fodder.

(3) Same Faction, Same Species (Low Lv Base):

Lv 1 + 1 x Lv 60 = 1 + 1 x 5900% = 1 + 59 = Lv 60
Lv 1 + 4 x Lv 60 = 1 + 4 x 5900% = 1 + 236 = Lv 237

By just fusing one other identical creature, this can make your base creature be of the same level as the consumed creature (of a higher level). This, combined with (1), will probably be the key to springboard levels of non-Common creatures beyond Lv 60.

(4) Same Faction, Same Species (Same Lv Base):

Lv 60 + 1 x Lv 60 = 60 + 1 x 400% = 60 + 4 = Lv 64
Lv 60 + 4 x Lv 60 = 60 + 4 x 400% = 60 + 16 = Lv 76

Contrary to (2), you can actually gain a maximum of an additional 300% if you fuse creatures of the same species and faction of the same level, which diminishes as the level difference increases. I usually use this knowledge when getting Common creatures to Lv 60.

(5) Same Faction ONLY (Higher Lv Base):

Lv 64 + 4 x Lv 60 = 60 + 4 x 88% = 64 + 3 = Lv 67

Unless you only have Lv 60 Common creatures to work with, this method should not be used when possible. This also applies to other cases, with differing factions/species etc.

(6) Different Faction:

Lv 60 + 4 x Lv 60 = 60 + 4 x 50% = 60 + 2 = Lv 62

Just...don't. This means that you have to work twice as hard as (1) or (2) to get similar results.
Just a late follow-up, in light of the new update. The core of it still works, but to a skewed extent. In addition to generally decreased bonuses, instead of linearly increasing returns in the old update, we now have exponentially decreasing returns. Just some quick numbers (same faction):

Lv 1 + Lv 1 = 1 + 100% = Lv 2 (same as previous update)
Lv 1 + Lv 7 = 1 + 190% = Lv 2
Lv 1 + Lv 15 = 1 + 350% = Lv 4
Lv 1 + Lv 31 = 1 + 600% = Lv 7
Lv 1 + Lv 60 = 1 + 1042% = 1 + 10 = Lv 11

Note the equation in bold - if you fuse 4 Lv 15 creatures, the Lv 1 base would reach Lv 15 - same as the old update. However, the diminishing returns become apparent from there - Lv 1 + 4 x Lv 60 = 1 + 4 x 1042% = 1 + 41 = Lv 42.

Previously, IIRC, (1) would apply to any major level difference - Lv 1 + 4 Lv 30 = Lv 30, Lv 1 + 4 Lv 60 = Lv 60, etc. This is now no longer true...

Also, same faction and species bonus now maxes out at 200%, down from 300%, but you now have a fixed 2x bonus for any level difference:

Lv 1 + Lv 1 = 1 + 200% = 1 + 2 = Lv 3
Lv 1 + Lv 15 = 1 + 700% = 1 + 7 = Lv 8
Lv 1 + Lv 60 = 1 + 2048% = 1 + 20 = Lv 21

In a nutshell, more grinding, with that sweet spot to take note of...

Last edited by FFFanatic; 09-20-2014 at 05:30 AM..
Old 09-24-2014, 12:29 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Need help World 4 Chapter 4

Hi there,

I tried to find available walkthrough / guide out there regarding world progression but couldn't find any, until I found this thread.

I'm playing etherlord ios version on my iphone, just making sure I'm on the right thread.

Yeah it has become quite a grind to level up monsters, I'm currently at 3 rares with each at level 64,60,60 (skills: self might, allies shield, damage one enemy)

I'm currently stuck at World 4 Chapter 4, where the main objective is to build a mountain on 20 plates surrounded by 4 lakes. I have no trouble building the lakes, as they are easy and require small amount of plates, but I'm having trouble locating the 20 plates for the mountain. I've tried several times on this map and wasted more than 1000 ether just to extend plate building duration, but still I couldn't locate the mountain.

Should I stack up to 2000-3000 ether?

Anyone of you passed this chapter yet? Where is the mountain located, east, north, south, west?

Any guide will be very helpful, thanks!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nival View Post
I'm ready to answer any questions you might have
Wedge598 summarises it perfectly. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

Thanks - Jamie
Old 09-24-2014, 06:27 AM

wedge598,

The amount of XP gained via fusing really was higher than we intended, since it allowed to level a creature too fast without almost any effort. With the nerf to the experience gained we encourage our players to experiment (fusing feeders together before using them in the fusing of the creature you want to level up, matching the race and exact creatures to receive a bonus, etc). Also the amount of XP gained with Excellent Fusion has been increased to compensate the XP loss of average fusion.

Some of our players are concerned with this change as well, though, so I'll make sure this gets in the feedback I'm gathering. Thank you for your contribution

As for the opportunity to increase the maximum size of your Collection: this was already mentioned by some of our players, and I passed this proposition to our dev team as well. Hopefully this will be implemented, but I can't say for sure as of now.

Iy0n_dK,
There's a FAQ in our Facebook group, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/Etherlords/app_770341149676425

As for this particular level, it's totally possible to complete it even without spending Ether (as far as I know). It might be tricky, but building a mountain isn't as hard as it looks.

Here's a step-by-step example (without any Ether spent on enhancing the Shard or Mystical Plates):
http://i.gyazo.com/e68fddbe23d7051d0c004ea2b55d18ee.png
http://i.gyazo.com/e81a9c3462c34ea0a507940d2247a432.png
http://i.gyazo.com/db5af95158541947a90393b779089186.png
Old 09-24-2014, 07:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanks Nival,

Appreciate the quick response. I'll see if I got any luck this time
Old 09-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nival View Post
wedge598,

The amount of XP gained via fusing really was higher than we intended, since it allowed to level a creature too fast without almost any effort. With the nerf to the experience gained we encourage our players to experiment (fusing feeders together before using them in the fusing of the creature you want to level up, matching the race and exact creatures to receive a bonus, etc). Also the amount of XP gained with Excellent Fusion has been increased to compensate the XP loss of average fusion.

Some of our players are concerned with this change as well, though, so I'll make sure this gets in the feedback I'm gathering. Thank you for your contribution

As for the opportunity to increase the maximum size of your Collection: this was already mentioned by some of our players, and I passed this proposition to our dev team as well. Hopefully this will be implemented, but I can't say for sure as of now.
Thanks for the insight Nival. I have to admit that the new level procedure makes a lot of sense. And I have found that now it does benefit me more to level up some feeders to something near my max card before leveling that card. The only problem with this is it takes a lot more slots to do this as you need to build up 3-4 feeders before fusing to the main card. The 45 slot maximum is really limiting my enjoyment as I have to put severe limits on the number of creatures I can collect. Seems to me the real fun of this game is to collect the cards. As such, it makes no sense to me to force us to limit our base collection so we can save slots for feeders. Please increase the number of slots.

Last edited by wedge598; 09-25-2014 at 01:32 PM..
Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 AM

Well I finished playing this game. I played through the 21 days to get the Rare card and I also saved up 5000 Ether for one Rare card purchase. Both of those cards were of creatures I have no interest in collecting so that took the wind of my sails.

I think the IAP is way too high if you are expecting me to pay $5 or $10 for a single rare card. Considering how long it takes to fuse one of those up to a level that makes it worth playing with the game is just not fun anymore. Way too much grinding is involved in leveling creatures now and the rest of the game just doesn't hold up to that level of repetition.

This is a good solid game underneath but the recent changes have hampered the game progression too much forcing you into a lot of repetitive gameplay of lower levels and overpriced IAP.