iPhone Legend of Grimrock (Dungeon Master-inspired)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jensen, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Watcher
    Could change at a moment's notice
    Told ya.....

SEE?
    When this project was first announced I actually wrote several angry responses letting the owners of this site know that they were being used, manipulated, and exploited for a game that was destined to only be a PC and/or OSX game.

I got chastised by one of the mods on this site for implying this.

Well?

The proof is in not in the pudding, but in the actual eating.....
    iOS fans are still doing neither at this point. TA got punked for free advertisement for a PC game on an iOS site.

And, that is all.

The developers of Grimrock should be ashamed of themselves. You will never be fully successful without integrity.

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Nope. This forum is for covering announced and anticipated iOS games. If some of them never come out, so what? It's still good to have a place to discuss them.

3. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Watcher
    Could change at a moment's notice
    lol Im indifferent either way.
    Just giving YOU a head's up on an old marketing trick.

Cheers

4. meandroz

meandroz Member

Dec 18, 2011
    any similar game available at the moment on the app store ?

5. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Currently, Undercroft is really the only thing that comes close to it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/undercroft/id388644935?mt=8

Well, there's The Quest as well, but it's not party based, so I'm not sure if that's a deal breaker for you. It IS a really awesome game though. :)

Aside from that, the only other one that I've been anticipating is called Shadow Keeper, but it isn't supposed to come out until next year. Here's the thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=125722

6. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    If it's a marketing trick, it's a crappy one. Anticipation of an iOS version has kept me from considering this game on any other platform.

7. jamessh1

jamessh1 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Can the mods/ forum admin purge this thread. No need to keep this game relevant!

8. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Why? We don't even delete old discussion threads for games that are canceled. Much less games that may or may not come out.

Isn't it useful to have the thread so that if people try to look up this game and if and when it's coming out on iOS they have some information?

9. jamessh1

Jul 4, 2012
    If it's never coming out, ever, why keep it in the "upcoming IPad Games" section. This forum is dedicated to WIP games. Move it to general discussion or another area where cancelled/what if projects can be discussed. No point keeping it relevant here. IMO of course.

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Do you have any evidence that it's never coming out? That would be a useful contribution to the thread.

The "Upcoming iPad Games" forum has hundreds (at least) of threads about games that never came out and never will. It also has an enormous number of threads about games that have been released and are therefore no longer "upcoming". These old threads, generally inactive, don't seem to do any harm, and are useful to people who search for them.

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    What puzzles me, is why abandon the only platform where you have a prayer of making any money as an indie developer?

Maybe they think that mobile's just a fad...

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    My impression is that it's more a question of whether to continue putting resources into this type of game.

13. jamessh1

Jul 4, 2012
    You and me both know it's never coming out. Feel free to warrant this thread and any others as long as it makes you happy . Just taking up space IMO. Or should I say wasting space .

14. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You're half right. You are apparently convinced, I have no idea. What gives you your idea? Maybe if you shared your information then you could actually contribute something to the thread.

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wasn't this announced when penny arcade 3 was? Which was a long time ago. But one out of 2 isn't bad.

16. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    New info

I decided to email the developers and this was the response I received.

We have been promising an iOS version of the game for a long time now. It's definitely coming and now we're closer than ever.

--
    Antti Tiihonen
    Almost Human

17. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Because it hasn't been cancelled:

[​IMG]

18. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Nicely done!!

I wonder how they've implemented the control system...
    I've played the pc version, and it's definitely very dexterity demanding on your fingers with that system.

They must have come up with some ingenious idea to make it workable on the iPad, and I would think that must have been a major contributes to the iOS delay.

19. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Well, the PC version did come out in April. It was announced for iOS, PC, and Mac at the same time, they just went from mentioning iOS as the first platform to "is a game for PC" on their web site as of now. So it did not take longer, they just dropped two out of three platforms.

It's a nice game, I'd buy it again if it makes it to iPad after all. There's hope, they've posted a Mac screenshot recently...

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I remember seeing it on gog.com it looks great