Star Pigs-an unique 3D space combat card game is coming to Ipad/iphone next week!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BarbilyGame, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarbilyGame

BarbilyGame Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    #1 BarbilyGame, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    Hello! :) We are getting ready to release Star Pigs, our first IOS game, and think it is time to share some game info on TouchArcade!

[​IMG]

Star Pigs is a card game with awesome 3D realtime(controllable) space battles! Players can fight the NPC missions, also gain precious experiences by challenging other players.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game features:

- Battle in the star war with players from around the world.
    - Grow your war fleet with new powerful ship types.
    - Customise every ships with weapons to suit your play style.
    - Upgrade your weapons and chassis types, increasing their effectiveness.
    - Manage your crew and materials to optimise where you can join the war.
    - Unlock new ship designs, weapons and abilities as you progress.
    - Engage the enemy through a series of missions that will test your every skill of space warfare.
    - Direct your ships into 3D realtime battles identifying important targets and giving strategic commands.
    - Hire the best ships of your enemies to fight along side of you in times of need.

So, are you ready to join the Star Pigs Merciless Mercenary Forces and Save the known universe from destruction! Pit your wits against other commanders from around the globe and prove that it is you who has what it will take to be crowned Star Pig of the Universe!

To be released next week to app store!

If you have questions or suggestions, please let us know!

Thanks

2. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    All I can say is wow!!!!! Looks great!

3. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Features sound good, screenshots look great. Question though, what exactly do you do in the game?

4. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Thanks! :) Take a look when its out, it is free!

5. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Thanks! In summary, you collect many cards which will form your unique fleets in the war, you can fight NPC missions or challenge other players to gain xp and credits which allows you to unlock new and upgrade your ships, weapons, more cards etc. Tactics and strategy are essential when facing tough enermies, as well as more functions to be discovered when you get deeper in!

6. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    #6 BarbilyGame, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    Star Pigs will come to your app store this Tursday! (25th Apr) Hope you enjoy! :)

Update28/4: due to many great player feedbacks (thank you all who gave us these valuable feedbacks), we are taking them into account to improve the game before releasing it. A new version is submitted to apple tonight, hopefully we can release the game in a week or two!

Thanks for waiting! Meanwhile, if you want to test the game, please leave your name on this thread, and I will send you a promo code (if I got any left) :)

7. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
  8. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Now I still have some promo codes left for the game

If you would like to try the game before release and give some feedbacks after, please leave your name below, and I will pm you the code. Thanks and have a great day!

9. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    This game seems really great and posible a new gem in for the appstore.
    Maybe this is because aim a sucker for space games:p

I would love to try it and give you some feedback.

But from the screens i say that for sureI i would buy this game even I missed the promocodes :p

10. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    #10 BarbilyGame, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    thanks for the nice comment! It always nice get a morale boost! :)

I've pm'ed you.

11. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009

I have played for 5 minutes now and i can say this is a very addcitive game!

They shipmodels look awesome and it remindsme a bit of homeworld where you see the battle from youre spaceships view. Even from the little fighters:)

I have to play some more to give some good feedback but my first impressions are that this is an awesome game.

12. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    @Wilbair Thanks! Glad you enjoy the 3D models and battling in space! We are looking forward to any feedbacks!

I currently still have some promo codes available, if anyone wants to give it a try and leave us some feedbacks, please leave a your name below.

Thanks for all!

13. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I sent a pm to you. Looks like a great game!

14. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    #14 Wrath, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    I'm not finding it in the App Store...?

(PS - If it's not coming out this week, do you still have any promo codes available? I'd love to give it a try soon!) :)

15. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah I can't see it either, searching UK appstore using an iPhone 5...?

16. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Thanks! I've pm'ed you.

17. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Thanks! I've pm'ed you.

18. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    Due to recent player feedbacks, we decide to take them into account to do the best to improve the game, before we release it. Hopefully we can get them done in the next week or so.

Btw, I've pm'ed you a promo code.

19. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    I've pm'ed you a promo code, feel free to try it out.

20. BarbilyGame

Apr 19, 2013
    #20 BarbilyGame, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    We would like to expose some awesome space battle mechanics!

Quickly touch the start of the game - choose to be one of the cute animals who are determined to conquer the space. You quickly discover that the world is infected by the powerful snail troops, you must now clear them who are blocking your way to join the space war of hundreds of others, and be crowned the Captain of the Universe!

[​IMG]

We have to look at the ‘Data banks’ first, it is where your fleets park, in the form of cards. Before joining a battle, you can customize your fleets by selecting a number of cards, eg. Bring 4 destroyer or 10 fighters. There are hundreds and hundreds types of cards! All of them are composed by 4 sections:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1) The main ship image in the card – shows what type of ships it provides. Each type of ship shows a different image, as well as the direction they are facing, gives a clear understanding of what ships they are.

2) Number at the top left of the card - this is the cost associated with playing this card. In battle, you start with a number of points each turn, each card played will reduce these points until you run out of points, then it is the end of your turn.

3) Special icon – some are with special icons, and some special image of ships. Some has a shield icon like in the example, meaning this is an enforced fleet, and cannot be wiped out in one turn, giving you a chance to fight back in critical situation. Other special card includes ships with added strength, cards that gives extra points in your turn etc. You are sure to be challenged by the varied play style and strategies come with so many different card types! Some are extremely rare and also super powerful and cool!

Note, you can store as many cards as you want in your data bank, but you can only take a maximum of 20 cards to form your battle fleet.

Now let's battle! Go to ‘Missions Battles’, to choose your target. Over 20 NPC missions can be followed on the right, or choose another real player to test your war fleets with. A list of available players are drawn by the game to reflect your similar level, and listed on the left for you to choose. When you fight against a real player, there are two modes: ‘Stealth Raid’ - you will fight against their automatic defense fleet, you win/lose resources at the end of the battle; ‘Open Challenge’ - a longer battle as you each make your moves in turn, and moves will be saved for 48 hours.

After done with choosing a target, you enter a game and are shown the hex space, space is bigger when you face a high level opponents and smaller if your opponent is low level:

[​IMG]

Your fleets are on the left. Click on the card to place it onto the hex space, and continue to do so until your move points (bottom of the screen) go negative. You start from the edge of the board, and can place cards next to your existing fleets are the board.

[​IMG]

When both sides fleets meet, battle can start. If you end your turn while your fleet is next to enemy’s fleet, they can now choose to attack one or several of your ships on the hex space. Vice versa, you can choose to attack enemy fleets instead of placing more cards, like in this situation I feel my destroyer and shuttle can easily shot down their shuttle wings. After having chosen to attack the enemy shuttles with my destroyer, click begin combat, now the real awesome 3D space battle begin!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Furthermore, you can control the battle in real time, by clicking the cards on the left of the screen. A target ring will appear with fire power and distance; you can use them and decide where that ship will aim to fire next. It is critical in some situation to use this function, as you might want to manually control your certain ship that you know are counteractive of a certain target. If you don’t use this function, the battle will run with AI, and you can sit back, relax (hopefully) and watch the smooth and spectacular space fight, with your own designed ships and fleets!

At the bottom of the screen, there are several buttons, to speed up the battle or slow down/pause the battle if you need to make a decision of targeting.

It is just so exciting to see how different weapons, from missile to nuke fire and how your designed fleet combat against your enemy! Small hex space battle may take a few minutes, and larger hex space battle might take over 15 minutes! But at the end of the battle, when you see your winning comes with credits, XP and new weapons/ships, that you cannot wait to equip to your ships, you will feel so satisfied! What's more, if you lose, you will not lose one single ship, only some credits, which is a nice thing!

What about taking a sneak peak at building your unique 3D spaceships, next time!

Star Pigs will be released soon to app store! Designed and developed by the creator of space MMO Star Supremacy.

For more information, please visit our official website at http://www.starpigs.com
    or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Star_Pigs_App and
    Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/BarbilyGame