Universal Morphite (By Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Luxor1968

Luxor1968 Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Love the update, a ton of new content, and mission replay is a great addition.
    Only problem I am running into is a stutter/delay after I scan something or shoot something with the pistol, we are talking only a nanosecond. Not a game breaker but rather distracting as the original version was smooth as silk through all animations. have tried all graphics options and it is still there. Oh, I am on an iPhone 7+.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #262 VirtualBoyFreak, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    @JoshCM In the Android version just released in Spain I have the following problem: I own two Android devices, I purchased all the IAP in one of them, but the secondary device doesn't show any IAP active. When I try to repurchase it says "error, item already purchased" but it doesn't restore any of them. Any help? EDIT: My bad, to restore in Android you have to make a fresh install in the new device after you made the IAP... Thanks anyway.

lezrock likes this.
  3. Dvm

Dvm New Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Bug report - Mission Zhima/zhoso

After collecting all three power cubes the statue gate does not open.
    Restarted the mission by returning to ship and not loading the checkpoint.
    However the power cubes are already near the statue gate and the gate remains closed.
    Stuck at this point, wondering how this can be fixed or do I have to reset the whole game and all prior progress?

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Hey guys, Morphite is on sale now for the first time on iOS - almost 40% off!

@dvm which version of the game do you have?

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    We're working on the next big update, folks - it will have free flight mode in solar systems as well as more fixes for iPhone X.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sounds great. Best game of 2017 for me

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #267 Gwarmaxx, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018

what does it mean, Josh? we don't already have free flight in solar systems?

oh, maybe you mean that we will be able to fly inside them, around the planets, etc?

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Right, you'll be able to pilot your ship around inside solar systems.
    We got a lot of requests for that.

9. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Any ETA?

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

wow, that's going to be wonderful!

11. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    This is amazing news! I think I'll be picking this up on switch too just as a way to thank you guys for really getting behind this great game and concept! I am excited for the extra immersion of free space flight!

I have a few modest requests regarding space flight and controls.

1) As a left handed player I always appreciate the option to reverse the camera and movement controls. This is especially impactful for me in first person games. If not a left handed option, at least the ability to customize controls on mfi controllers including aim-look and movement controls as this is my favorite way to play Morphite and it's proving difficult to adapt to the right-handed control scheme used here.

2) In space flight, please include an option for roll (like a button toggle that can be pressed/touched while turning to enable roll.)

3) I'm crossing my fingers that this could mean dogfights and space mining! #

12. pkclsoft

pkclsoft New Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #272 pkclsoft, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Wow that sounds great. I've been playing daily for about 3 weeks now. I've lost track of the number of planets I've been to. Whilst I can see the patterns, and so on, I do keep finding new creatures, and new plants. My most hated creature are the Mad Ents. Far out.

The idea of being able to have free flight within a solar system brings back memories of playing the original Elite on my Apple IIGS. That would be wonderful.

I play exclusively on the Apple TV. Thanks for supporting that platform. It's my preferred one.

I've got to say that now that I'm up to 85%, I'm wondering why I'm continuing to land on every planet trying to get those darn hover boots and stealth (the only two upgrades left).

A few things I've noticed:

1. if you use the holo platform, and then swap weapons, the platform doesn't time out (which was really nice on the lava world)
    2. when I went to the race planet (I wish I'd taken notes of each planet name, and what was there), I managed to get the morphite without finding the engine piece for the speeder. So I never finished that mission, and now, when I return that mission is no more. The cat-door next to the podium remains closed now, forever it seems. Love the world design on this one btw.
    3. I've been working on the drop-ship side mission. On one planet where a ship was present in the air. I shot it down, but later when I walked under where it had been, the drop pod came down anyway, and almost got me.
    4. The canister in the last building on the dessert planet (the racing mission) will not open or activate regardless of what weapon I use.
    5. similar to 4, the canister in the mine (on the mine, time frozen planet) under the building (behind the fridge) does not open.
    6. on the same mine planet, only the first shard can be put down (and that may be because I haven't solved anything yet).
    7. in the mine past the NOP sign, if you fall off the tracks (i.e. don't!), there is no way to get back up other than to quit the game and reload. maybe hover boots would help... This also happens for the crystal beyond the squid. OK, so don't fall, but if you do, the only way out is to quit the game, and reload. Pretty frustrating if you're as clumsy as me.
    8. having now completed the final mission, I can now see what to do with all those planets that ave tubes. I did also however try going back to the final mission planet to play it through again however it doesn't work. You can go through to the final room OK, but once there, nothing works, so the only way out is to backtrack. It should be possible to revisit mission planets and have them functional.
    9. Similar to 1. above, if you change to the last "weapon" from the final mission, and then change away before it times out the weapon remains enabled forever, and there is no way to swap away. Creatures will attack, fruitlessly. I was able to return to my drop pod, fly to another planet and still be in this state.

wish list:

1. it would be cool if the scanner only highlighted things if they are scannable (we don't already have them).
    2. dog fights in space!
    3. landing our own ship at a station (fond memory of Elite, landing on a coriolis station).
    4. some of the aliens need to get cranky when we shoot their crates up in their homes. too many just stand there.
    5. the pip map needs a zoom of some sort. it's not a lot of use for showing walls, etc.
    6. the map view when invoked could take up 80% of the screen instead of 40%
    7. a full traceback of what planets/systems I've been to. It would be great to be able to have some way to record an in-game "photo" journal so that we can look back on where we've been and make notes. Being able to search for a planet/system by name would be great too.

Overall, I have to say I have enjoyed this game more than any game for many years. Thank you. I'm amazed at the detail.

Thanks!

13. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Same here , I gaming on my iMac pro when I was in office when at home I play games exclusively on Apple TV , wish more developers understand that and release all their games on tvOS

It would also be nice if they also release the game through Mac App Store so we can sync across Apple TV iMac iPad , now it’s just limiting to tvOS and iOS , steam version don’t support iCloud

14. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

#274 sparekarma, Jan 31, 2018
    Issues with sound?

I recently tried to reinstall on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S both running iOS 11. When trying to play the game I am getting no sound on either device (with mute off and after device restart after installation). Has anyone else had this experience?

Edit - After the beginning I was able to go into settings I was able to enable volume.

15. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    MiFi Controller issue

I bought this game at launch, and have just now gotten around to playing it. I’m enjoying it so far – only finished the first planet – however I have a problem when using my Steelseries Nimbus controller and fighting other ships. No matter what button I push, the cannons won’t fire.

I’ve only been in a single fight so far, but I had to switch to touch controls to be able to fire.

I skimmed through the thread and found one other person mention this same problem as a two part question 10 or so pages back, and the second part of his question was answered, but not the first.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for it? The firmware on my Nimbus is up-to-date and I’m using the large iPad Pro (1st gen) with next to the most recent iOS version.

16. pkclsoft

pkclsoft New Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #276 pkclsoft, Feb 12, 2018
    @Collin

My Nimbus works a treat. Space battles are a little limited at this point. The right stick lets you spin on the spot and target. The R2 (or R1?) button fires whatever weapon is enabled, unless it has overheated. You may have taken damage and need to return to a space station to have it repaired.

17. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    @ Crescent moon - where's the promised update you said was being worked on? I believe it was January you mentioned it?

Personally I'd rather pay full price and see the issues mentioned here addressed. What's going on?

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    +1. The last I heard was that they were having problems with the Android version, but silence since then...

19. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    I saw Morphite was updated on September 4th. It's currently down to $6.99. Is it worth picking up? I'm really into No Man's Sky and was wondering if this will scratch that itch on the go.

20. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I'm thinking of maybe picking this one up, but just one question:-

How's the heating and battery drain? (Apologies if this has been discussed before)

Looking at the game, it seems it must take a toll on your device.

21. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally worth picking it up. One of the games of the year when it was released. Support quality games like this or we’ll just have freemium dross.

Instant purchase for anyone