Best 'handheld'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mene, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi,

I'm in the process of selling my ipad air to raise funds for a handheld.

My problem is I'm really not up on which handheld system is the better one right now.. PSP,vita,2ds,3ds..or another that I don't know?

I want the one that has the most (or the best) RPGs. Also if it can emulate older systems (to play classic RPGs) then that's even better!

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Few years ago I would have said a modded PSP don't think you can even get them anymore, While the Vita can play PSP/PS1 games it doesn't have the same emulation abilities (nobodys hacked it) so can't do Snes/Gameboy etc.

I suppose it comes down to what RPGS you like whether they are old school Snes ones, PS1 ones, or others I'm thinking you might be better off with an Android device and emulators although things like Project shield are very pricey.

Don't really know enough about the Nintendo handhelds to really comment on them I do have a Vita and like it however.

3. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks for that, actually browsing tonight I've found something called a Dingoo A320 which is pretty cheap but runs emulators such as Gba,gbc,Snes etc.

Which should be ideal for playing classic RPGs.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The dingoo and gp2x were great devices. Over the years I've had many. From a game and watch to a gameboy to a pocket PC

The best handheld for me by far over the years is simply my iPod touch or iPhone

Emulators, tons of games. Old and new RPGs like Aralon or 9th Dawn. Ports of great games, homages etc

I wouldn't got back to my old Dingoo or Gp2X at all

5. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Just PS VITA that's it

6. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    You're right but I really want something with physical buttons, I'm personally finding the touch screen on my ipad pretty poor when used as an old time d-pad :)

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'd like to chime in, but RPGs I am not that savvy about. However I am really enjoying the RPG Rainbow Moon on my Vita and love the Vita in general.

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I typically use the Vita for the remote play feature with the PS4, it's flawless and wife proof. While remote play was my initial motivator I've been pleasently surprised with the game quality.

If anyone has experienced the PS3 remote play, it is nothing like that. That really only came across as a proof of concept, it's now everything it should've always been.