Your Favorite Hook Champ Hat

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bucks, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    Plz list your favorite hook champ hats here and if you unlocked it plz say how.

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    What do hats do?

3. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The Plutocrat, probably. 200 coins held at the same time or higher.

4. double00asian

double00asian Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    The wizard hat 200 coins
    and I think you have to either upgrade your stuff or buy a certain amount of hats i'm not sure

5. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    The Elven cap. Reminds me of the days playing Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker on my Gamecube... Good times.

6. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    the stache is awesome

7. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I like the rambo headband and the bandit mask.

8. empsignup

empsignup New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I've complete the game and upgraded all my items, can't find the wizard hat though.

Here's what i've got so far

backwards cap
    baseball cap
    elven cap
    stocking cap
    bandito
    the stache
    miner's cap
    muttonchop
    beanie -60g
    crocket -60g
    fez -60g
    bandana -60g
    matador -60g
    straw hat -60g
    chef's hat -80g
    football helmet -80g
    officer - 80g
    plutocrat - 200g, have 200 or 300 gold coins at a time
    king crown - 300g, earned by getting #1 global ranking on a map

can't remember how i got all of 'em.

dont have the wizard hat, not sure how to get it yet.

9. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    i prefer the trusty dusty hat
    anybody know what you get for beating all the dev scores? i just need to beat the golden skull's and ill have beaten them all

10. double00asian

double00asian Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    idk if you get the 1 global score you get a crown but you do get a whole bunch of other hats too when you beat the scores I got a fieasta hat by beating a whole bunch of people scores
    I got 1 thing to say I'm silent ninja and I had a whole bunch of global scores in second place propaly more If they didn't get uploaded
    the games come out and every1 beaten every of the devs score by the double
    so it's get hard to get a crown now

11. Matt Damon

Matt Damon Member

Oct 30, 2009
    The pirate hat is by far the best.

Most hats are gotten by beating local top scores and by buying a specific number of items in the store.

By the time you beat the golden skull you should have all of the upgrades (not possible without them; except maybe the husk musk) and plenty of money from failing several times on the skull levels, so buy all the hats and you will have more come available.

Once you beat all of the local top scores you will have all of the hats except the crown which is pretty much impossible to get anymore and the beret and sunglasses which I have no idea how to get (anybody know this one?).

Right now the only global score I have is 6th place on the golden skull. So maybe global scores have something to do with getting the beret/glasses, but I'll wait for someone who knows to chime in if I can't find it.

But seriously guys. Pirate hat all the way.

12. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
  13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    yea its kinda discouraging how impossible it is to get the crown :( itd be nice to get but i mean damn, ppl like double every score its like trying to run up a steep hill with 1 leg. :p

14. Sgv

Sgv New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Cool shades

Don't forget a out the cool shades you get when u complete a level in complex mode rather than casual. Switch between the two in the options menu when u start the game

15. Sgv

Sgv New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I have qctually beaten golden skull without using maxed out shotgun
    

16. vigglorious

vigglorious New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    #16 vigglorious, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
    I got this three days ago. This game is like my personal WoW, it steal so much time, it's to f****** good!!! Just got the Royal Crown on Golden Monkey ^^ Hoping for update soon and more content!

EDIT: Just tried to beat your score, Matt Damon, on Silver Wimpy and it felt like a perfekt round, but I got on third place, and is like 3/4 seconds from your time. I understand if you don't want to help me out, but is there some kind of secret trick on this level ^^?

I do:
    Start with shotgun

Take path forward

Boost up at the leap upward with rocket boots, change direction and boost up twice again, and shotgun to get speed.

Then straight forward.

17. Matt Damon

Matt Damon Member

Oct 30, 2009
    The trick is to not hit any walls while moving forward, so make sure you are falling soon enough to swing under the walls after the first room and the thick wall. Few other tricks, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

18. vigglorious

vigglorious New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Figured it out yesterday, but thank you anyway. King of Wimpy Bronze, Silver and ALMOST Gold now ; )

Also, do anyone know where the "hidden" coins are on Golden Skull? I get like 6600 points on that level, where top-score is 10500. I got the two rubies or whatever it is in the end, but still I get a much lower score. Appreciate help