★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games With Deep Storylines?

03-17-2014, 10:56 AM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
EPOCH.1 had a really shallow story, although still unexpectedly surprising. EPOCH.2 has more in terms of story, and has a sort of surprising ending as well.

I'll say that EPOCH.1 is about 1/3rd of EPOCH.2 in terms of gameplay mechanics, content and story.

EPOCH.2 is missing an endless arena mode though, so im looking forward to that being added in in the future.
Thanks, I'll look into it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
I feel like there's plenty of RPGs on the AppStore with a story, but with a good story is where the list starts to narrow.

I agree with Epoch, their stories have always intrigued me. Also Mass Effect Infiltrator, the Infinity Blade Games, and Deus Ex. (Those are the only ones from that list that I've played).

Would you be willing to play a non-RPG? Because they have the stronger stories on the AppStore

The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, and Device 6 for example
I don't like Telltale games, they're slow. I'll try Device 6 when I have time. Everybody says nice things about it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tea View Post
The Bard's Tale
Lost Echo (adventure game)
Baldur's Gate
Spectral Souls
Drakerider
Autumn Dynasty (tactical RTS with good story elements)
War of Eustrath (tactical TBS with a cool story/campaign)

Scanned 1/3 of my library might pick up tomorrow.
Thanks a lot. You reminded me that I have an iPad now and yet I haven't played Baldur's Gate.
03-17-2014, 12:54 PM
#12
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockEB View Post
I'm looking for games with good storylines with rpg elements. Any suggestions?
Bastion has a good story and action-RPG elements, and is also one of the best games on the AppStore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bastion/id537773100?mt=8
03-17-2014, 01:16 PM
#13
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 20,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea View Post
The Bard's Tale
Lost Echo (adventure game)
Baldur's Gate
Spectral Souls
Drakerider
Autumn Dynasty (tactical RTS with good story elements)
War of Eustrath (tactical TBS with a cool story/campaign)

Scanned 1/3 of my library might pick up tomorrow.
+1 to Lost Echo. One of my favorite adventure games on iOS. This isnt RPG in any way though, so i dont think it's what the OP was looking for.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-17-2014, 02:25 PM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Bastion has a good story and action-RPG elements, and is also one of the best games on the AppStore

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bastion/id537773100?mt=8
Thanks, already played. It was a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
+1 to Lost Echo. One of my favorite adventure games on iOS. This isnt RPG in any way though, so i dont think it's what the OP was looking for.
Thanks. Not my cup of tea though