Quantum Collapse - Skirmish mode thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JavierDavalos, Jun 11, 2009.

1. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Well i started working on skirmish.

But i wanted to get some feedback from you guys to make sure i code what you are expecting.

Here are the Skirmish options i'm thinking of

AI Strategy: (Turtler, rusher, balanced, random)
    AI Difficulty: (easy, medium, hard)
    Map Size: (small, medium, large)
    AI Spell: (none,random,singularity, tranquility, rain of fire, dispell, power drain)

You unlock maps as you clear campaign missions. So you don't get to have many skirmish options at first. This is totally optional though, i don't HAVE to do this.

Also i'm thinking skirmish will be 1v1 until the multiplayer update.

Anything else or does this cover what you guys expect from skirmish?.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sounds excellent to me!!! :D

3. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    i think that pretty much covers it for me. Are there differant races or factions you can be because being able to choose which faction you play with would be good.

4. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Please do more than 1v1 for skirmish, unless it is a lot more work to do so. It'd be nice to have a few players on the map, maybe even with an option to set up teams.

5. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i think there should be at least 1 or 2 maps to play skirmish without playing campaign because i would like to try it out right away and see all the features. Just my opinion. Also im happy to see that this game is coming along well. Good luck.:D

6. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Sounds reasonable i can do that.

7. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Your're becoming on of my favorite developers. Your skirmish plan sounds really good. Man I can't wait! Is there a way to generate random maps? I kind of doubt it, but I'm just curious.

8. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I'm glad you're acually putting a lot of effort in this game! Not many developers do. Once this game comes out, I will buy it right away. What I love about rts games is that you can command and control, 2D/3D graphics, etc. Multiplayer would be really nice. Some ideas would be teams (for skimmish/online). Would be nice if you could acually create your own spells (like iShoot with weapons). Would be nice if you could upgrade your soldiers + vehicles like Tom Clancy's Endwar.

-Multiplayer ideas- Teams (maybe 2-6..? players), friends/block list, ranks to tell how good you are, chatting (also in-game rooms),

-Nessassary- Buildings you could acually have as camps like in a small city. Maybe add 10 men to shoot in it.

-GREAT IMPROVEMENT (sells for this idea)- Able to control a person (3rd person or 1st person view) and shoot!!! (this will probably take a long time..) if you need help with the controls. I can help a lot :D (I play fps games a lot)

9. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Hey Javier, I have a quick question. Are you going to add a level editor? That would blow every RTS out of the water! I can't for this to come out! Instant Buy! :D

10. cjh625

cjh625 Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Would 'use map setting' kind of special map like in starcraft possible to make? just asking :p

11. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    #11 JavierDavalos, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    Umm it's possible... i already have a windows level editor to place the units and buildings. The tricky part is making the maps, the game doesn't use tiles but voxel maps.

If you google voxel graphics you'll understand, it consists of the texture of the map looking straight down, a graysale texture of the hills and plains, a texture of the places where your units aren't allowed to move to and finally a texture to paint over the hills.

So it's kind of hard work so i'm not sure ppl will want to go through it.

Here's an example of voxel graphics on one of my old favorite games, Outcast:

[​IMG]

12. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    So have you thought about some of the ideas I gave you :)?

13. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Wow..... That's very complex! It makes sense though! It definately would be hard to make a level editor. I'll be fine with the game and skirmish mode.:cool::D I hope you do good in sales! Thanks! :)

14. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    wow sounds great, will multiplayer be more than 1v1?

15. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    #15 Anonymous1, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    wow shadowfall do you really think that all the 3rd person views and all that is possible on the iphone?? think about it. everything you said about multiplayer are good ideas though.

16. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    been waiting for this, thought it was coming out last week. but i can wait for a quality game like this

17. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    These are just ideas, and of course not that someone would add 3rd person view or fps. Its just a thought ;D, though some of my ideas are based on Red Alert and Endwar, these are just ideas :D, and thanks

18. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    One of my favorite RTS games was called Battlezone and you could play it in first person view.

Who knows maybe in the future if things go well i might be able to do a full 3d Quantum Collapse and that would be a feature i'd love to have.

19. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    To answer your question from e arlier, I would like skirmish mode to be unlocked after you complete campain mode. That way you have the experience you need for skirmish. Also skirmish is the reward after completing campaign mode.

20. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    yah i know, sry if i sounded kinda mad there or sommin :p I use to play endwar and Red Alert and liked them both alot so i see where your coming from with some of your ideas!