Any good online multiplayer games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by zxelman, Nov 30, 2010.

1. zxelman

zxelman Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    I know a lot of online games but I may have overlooked some. I don't really want a game that is really resource-heavy, but you can recommend one if it's really nice. I like many different kinds of games so suggest anything. Anything but those fake MMOs that is similar to iMob and the such.

2. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

Pocket legends

Modern combat 2: Black Pegasus

Upcoming Unreal3 engine powered: Dungeon Defenders (already submitted)

All though these 3 might be resource heavy :eek:

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Fruit Ninja is one rare casual online multiplayer game.

4. zxelman

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    Wait, it's multiplayer now? How does that work?

5. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
  6. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    You could try We Doodle, an online pictionary type game. And if you like music games, Tap Tap Revenge 3 has online multiplayer.

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    It has gamecenter multiplayer now. You even have the option to invite a GC buddy. Both of you play at the same time and you can only cut the your own fruits (defined by a colored outline on the fruits). If you cut your opponent's fruit, you'll get negative score. Whoever has the highest score at the end of the match wins.

Here's TA article on the update : http://toucharcade.com/2010/09/16/fruit-ninja-version-1-4-update-brings-online-multiplayer-through-game-center/

And why am I explaining this to you? Do you really mean to say you havent bought fruit ninja yet???!?!?!?? :eek:

8. zxelman

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    Looks interesting. I'll try it out.

If you mean the sort of game where people draw the word given to them and the other people guess, then woo! I've been looking for a game loke that on the App Store.

9. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    Try GraalOnline! I think it is what you are looking for. Search Graal. There is a free version and a paid version. Get the free.

10. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Exactly. :)

11. zxelman

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    It didn't appeal to me so I didn't get it. But I'll get it soon. :eek:

12. zxelman

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    Tell me when they actually add real content. I've played it for hours and now it's just boring unless you really love sparring, customizing, and especially socializing sprinkled with drama everywhere you look.

Holy crap thanks for telling me! I'm definitely getting it.

13. ActiveX

ActiveX Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Right behind you.
    Depict is another one like that.

14. Jane55

Jane55 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
  15. zxelman

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    Depict has multiple choice and sort of takes the fun out of the wide variety of words you can guess.
    I have an iPod Touch. Just so you know, but thanks.

Any more suggestions? Anyone?

16. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    If you are into board games, you should try Carcassonne and Samurai Knizia.

17. zxelman

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    Ooo I've seen my dad play Carcassonne. I didn't ask him what the name of the game was though and later on I just forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me of that app.

18. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    #18 GSport, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
    A few good racing titles for you!

Reckless Racing is a great iOS online racer. You and 3 other people can race at the same time. Real Racing, the BEST racing game on the iOS platform, will soon offer multiple player racing using Game Center. Real Racing 2 will most likely offer a great online experience also.

My question to you all would be this:

What Game Center enabled titles have live voice chat?

That is one of the best fringe benifits os Xbox Live! A little fun trash talk can add a lot of fun to any online matchup!

Game Center user name: GSport

19. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Well we are adding new stuff almost each day, added CTF one week ago. There is also another GraalOnline game coming soon (Era) :D

20. zxelman

Apr 10, 2009
    USA
    I tried Reckless racing and have mastered it. I can beat quite a few people online. Haven't tried Real Racing yet. Btw, an app called Free Voice Chat uses voice chat up to 4 people via Game Center, but that's all it does. No game to go along with it besides text support.

That's the direction you need to go. More game modes and anything similar such as minigames allows for more ACTUAL diversity in the game and gives the game purpose. I'm glad there are a lot of hats and customization but that can't just be all you guys add. I appreciate the game, but I want it to not HAVE to be a socializing game.

I've heard Era will be more for the gameplay. Is that true? I would probably play that instead.