FFFFF2P (Free Free Free Free Free 2 Play) Satirical Arcade Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by brock, May 13, 2014.

1. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    #1 brock, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Edited 6/20/14

FFFFF2P is a tongue-in-cheek, retro platformer with romance, baddies and free-ness.

Princess Pixel is being held captive by Ug, the evil ogre! Its up to YOU to rescue her and restore order to the world. This is not going to be easy. To save the Princess, you’ll have to run, jump, and close, close, close, close, close, close, and close the ads Ug hurls at you. Don’t get squashed! Can you collect enough coins to ransom the Princess?

Coming July 10, 2014 to IOS and Android

Official Trailer

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Download the soundtrack for FREE
    Free Soundtrack

fffff2p.com
    FFFFF2P Presskit
    @FFFFF2PGame

Twitter
    Facebook
    Elevate Website

2. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

What a name! :) I followed you!

3. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Thanks

Thanks for following

4. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Clarification

Please Note:
    Even though we are a making a satirical game and calling it a "satirical arcade game" we are still working hard to make the game ACTUALLY FUN. It's all in good spirit with some jabs at the current state of gaming and the app stores mixed in.

5. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    This will be really interesting.

Maybe add in another joke and put $6.99 on the main 'play game' button and put in very small text (just kidding this is free) under it?
    That'd be another great jab at -cough- paidmium games on the appstore -cough-

6. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    LOL. Thats awesome! Also if anyone else has idea please post.

7. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Game Design Doc

We're trying to make this game in seven days. After working on Lumena in our spare time for four months, we wanted to try our hand at making something quick. Since its such a short dev cycle and this community is awesome, here is our working design doc for the game. We would love any input, suggestions, comments. Anything and everything.

FFFFF2P Game Design Doc

1 Screen & Grid Based (iPad will have walls/roped off area like draw breaker)
    Ads will fall from top of a screen from a guy in a cloud like Mario games

32 pixel grid (10 x 15) iphone 4 (10 x 17.75) iphone 5?

Controls
    Tilt to move and tap on screen to jump
    Option to use overlayed buttons for direction?
    Double jump ability

Fake Ads
    Are dropped from the top of the screen by the guy in the cloud
    3 or 4 Different sized ad shapes?
    - small square
    - large square
    - horizontal rectangle
    - vertical rectangle

Once they land, they can be jumped on
    - A randomized amount of coins are created from smashed ads

Coins
    Coins are randomly generated (values are random)
    Coins have physics and velocity when they are created so you have to chase them down
    1 graphic (different colors for different values)
    The longer you survive the more money that is generated
    If an ad lands on a coin it disappears??

World
    A bright happy cartoony world. Maybe with a castle in the background that you can purchase stuff from the store to upgrade?

Store
    Everything is outrageously priced with in game currency
    Ability to purchase goods with real money? Maybe also outrageous?
    - Castle Upgrade
    - Different Skin? (bird, dragon)

Leaderboard
    1 leaderboard (Coins)

8. modbom

modbom New Member

May 13, 2014
    front-end developer
    chicago
    working on some music

i'm modbom, and i'm working on some music for this game. here are a few songs i created last night - lemme know what you think!:eek:

friendo
    beach riot

9. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Day #2 Art Update

Game Dev Update Day 2/7

Wanted to show some art Aaron created today as well as post some development screenshots. Near the end of day #2, we have most things working (player controls, falling ads, the ability to jump on ads and close them, as well as coins generating and the ability to pick them up). We have a rough playable prototype and we're starting to see the "fun".

Idle Animation:
    [​IMG]

Walk Animation:
    [​IMG]

Dev screenshots (lots of placeholder art and missing lots of art)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Reminds me a lot of "The Blocks Cometh" as of yet - in a good way!

If you're thinking about having 'real' IAP in your game, how about a 'Remove Ads'-purchase? That would have fun implications for gameplay.
    Also, since you're thinking about an overpriced store, how about coin doublers and tripplers (and maybe *10)? I won't be buying those out of principle but I guess they fit well with your parody theme (and, of course, coin packs and a second, premium, currency).

11. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    LOL, I just thought of that game yesterday too. Its definitely not intentional, but now that I'm thinking about it, we'll definitely try to make sure its different.

I love the ideas...if you removed the Ads, what do you think would happen? Would it simply remove the ads from the blocks or were you thinking the cloud guy would simply start throwing coins? In a lot of ways it would be funny to have him just throwing coins because a lot of F2P games are the grind. If you choose to pay, you remove all the challenges. So many F2P games are weird. LOL.

12. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Controls

Question

For mobile games what control scheme to do you prefer?

• - Tilt to move and tap to jump
    • - On screen controls

13. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Art Update

We weren't able to meet our goal of a 7 day development cycle for the game....admittedly it was pretty ambitious considering one of our teammates was on vacation when we started. On the bright side, we should be able to submit sometime next week for Apple review.

Updated Eye Candy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. chuck_lidell

chuck_lidell Member

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    :))

You should hurry,
    Flappy is coming back in August I believe.

15. D4rgolf

Sep 3, 2011
    The Flappy Lakitu throwing coins is a funny idea - essentially turning the tables and throwing money at you for throwing money at the game. But it would be sad to see this take *every* challenge out of the game - maybe make it so that you can toggle adds on/off.
    Or, and that is my personal favourite, have Lakitu throw giant coins - they could behave differently physically (being round and all), giving a new challenge, and you would only get "real" (currency) coins after jumping on the giant coins. Crushed by currency after paying for it - that'd be a nice twist of fate.

16. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Icon

Finalized the icon today. You can't help but root for the underdog.

[​IMG]

17. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    We decided not to do the remove ads for the initial release. The giant coins is pretty hilarious.

18. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Improved Store UI

The store UI didn't feel finished before, so we updated it. Now it feels finished.

[​IMG]

19. brock

brock Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Different Enemy

We've been receiving a lot of feedback based on our screenshots that even though its a satirical game, people really hate the Flappyesque enemy. A few people have mistaken it for the billionth Flappy clone and that is the last thing we want. What do you think? Any ideas for a different enemy?

20. D4rgolf

Sep 3, 2011
    Maybe make him a fat corporate guy with black suit and sunglasses (might even have a cigar).
    Then you could even exchange the Lakitu-cloud for some kind of jetpack or helicopter.