Droid Samsung Galaxy 5 Player vs. iPod Touch 5

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Ryan Dale, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Ryan Dale

Ryan Dale Active Member

May 13, 2011
    I have the choice between the aforementioned media players. I really like the Galaxies five inch screen, but am concerned about the lack of apps on the Droid Marketplace. I currently have an iPod Touch 2G. Thoughts?

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #2 S.I.D. CrAzY, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    You pretty much already stated the two things that I considered(the most) when thinking about getting the new Samsung Galaxy Player.

The Android Market isn't anywhere near as good as Apples App Store. If Apps/Games are what you're most interested in I wouldn't go anywhere near the SGP.

As a media player(the SGP), it's a really nice machine from what I could tell during my brief time with it.

What I ended up doing is listing all the "must haves" I have as far as apps/games I have on my iPod Touch and saw which ones were available. In the end it wasn't worth losing some of my favorite games.

Edit: That is of course if you're looking for a replacement, you could keep both. I didn't want to have two very similar devices. Ended up just getting a new phone and I'll stick with my iPod Touch 4th gen and PSP Go until the Vita and/or fifth gen touch comes out.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm thinking of replacing my touch with a galaxy 5 (or the Galaxy Note which I prefer but it's a pricey contract) myself if Apple don't update the touch soon it's seems a pretty nice device Definitely want the Vita for games though I just want the Galaxy for music and maybe a few other apps.

I imagine it's a lot better media player myself with the bigger screen and codec support also I've read it has a pretty hefty battery.

4. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Check out the app market on the web, you may be surprised at what's there. With over 300,000 apps now, there's very little that's on the apple store that's not on the android store. Square Enix will be adding all its games there as well next month.
    https://market.android.com/

Also check out the Amazon market for Android, and getjar.com. Two other great places for apps.