Making Money with AdMob

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PocketMonkey, Dec 7, 2009.

1. PocketMonkey

PocketMonkey Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2009
    To anyone with info regarding AdMob: (And apologies if you thought I posted this to show how to make money)

I think it would be a great benefit to developers if anyone could post information and actual figures regarding profits and downloads with AdMob to see if releasing free games with AdMob as a sustainable means of income.

2. ziggyeye

ziggyeye Active Member

Apr 9, 2009
    It depends on the app and revenue can be a bit all over the place.

Game1 has been out over a year and I don't do updates on it anymore. It use to be $4-$8 a day. Now $2 a day. It seems to high a pretty high click through rate for some reason. 2-3%.

App1 is not a game but runs on user generated content off a popular website.
    Use to be $50 a day. Now about $25 a day. I only make minor updates.
    300K ad request. 0.40% click through rate.

App2 is similar to App1 but the content is not as popular.
    10K ad request. 0.45% click through rate. $2-$3 a day.

I do all this part time and actually haven't spent much time on them at all.

There's potential to make money on Admob. But I feel like it depends on the app. It has to be something users keep coming back to. And if they do that often, you'd potentially can make more than just a 99cent throw away app.

3. CurlyBrace

CurlyBrace Member

Can't comment specifically on AdMob since I opted for Mobclix, but I just wrote an article about this subject: So how much does an iPhone developer make?

In short, I make about 10 times more via an ad-supported free game than when I sold the game for 99c. Still not much though, it's something like a few dollars a day (but that's just for one game).

4. Uptown Arts

Uptown Arts Well-Known Member

Thanks for writing this up.

5. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Does AdMob pay for views too or just clicks?

6. GavinBowman

GavinBowman Well-Known Member

7. ziggyeye

ziggyeye Active Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Has anyone tried Jumptap or Quattro and compared it to Admob?

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Before you post raw statistics publicly, be sure to check your agreements with your advertisers. Quite a few of them forbid you from posting exact figures.