iPod Touch Stuck on Charge Screen

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JBRUU, Dec 3, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hey guys, I need a bit of help. My sister's iPod 5, which she so extensively used for the past week or so since she got it, is currently stuck on the "low battery" screen, you know, the one with the red battery and the lighting icon indicating "charge". Problem is, it's been charging for the past day. Powered USB, apple wall adapter, 3rd party adapter, everything and the darn thing is just black. Press home or sleep and that charge screen is all that shows. Isn't recognized by our PC (which had, just the other day, recognized it). Can't be reset by holding the sleep and home simotaeously - that accomplishes nothing.

Any ideas at all what to do? Should I just return it to Best Buy and hope for a refund/replacement? She's quite upset. Ah help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Definitely return if it's new. If BestBuy won't do it, Apple will take it back if it's within whatever the warranty. I had a problem with an iPad that wouldn't charge, after about 3 months - Apple replaced it with a smile. They can't do anything about the "hassle factor" but worked hard to get a replacement - free shipping - I think second day. Within a week, I would imagine BestBuy will replace it.

3. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Try letting the battery completely run down

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Took it back to bestbuy - easy exchange. Surprisingly easy, actually. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.