Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two_Face

Two_Face Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I was a District Attourney
    Gotham
    Is this a really closed beta or did I miss the place to sign up?

2. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    C'mon guys, screenshot please! Just one will suffice. It is Independance Day afterall. It's okay if the GUI isn't quite buttoned down, we just want a taste of character and environment, etc.

3. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    ^^

It's been long enough. There can't be that many reasons not to just give us one damn screenshot, GUI or not. It's more than obvious you're just delaying for the sake of hype, but you've passed that window. We've gone from tense and excited to bored and over it. And all we wanted was a screenshot. Browse this forum and see which games are most anticipated. I'll give you a clue: It's the ones where the developers are somewhat involved with the community here. Where potential customers get to see snippets of the games in advance, so that we might help you drum up hype and discuss the possibilities the game has to offer. This game has been in development for several years, and we still know nothing about it. Is there any particular reason you would keep any of this info from us for so long without giving anything to those who have shown interest? If so, is it really worth it?

/Endrant. Sorry for the long post, I'm just so over it.

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere

^I actually agree.

5. hfhd574

hfhd574 Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    ravensword 2

honestly... people r already becoming bored of waiting for this. But if (or when) Ravenswsword 2 comes out before Ossian, people will forget that Ossian studios even existed.

Oh... And crescent moons tendency to actually communicate with their followers actually gives people the impression that ravensword will be released before Ossian, even though work on project Ossian started way before ravensword 2 was even announced

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You guys take things too seriously... Shadow Sun may or may not come to be but the obsessive fanboy clamoring will be the end of you.

7. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    There's no fanboy clamoring, I just wanted to get my point out. There's obviously a reason they have chosen the secrecy, and I'm just stating that it's hurting their potential customer base. And, on a video game forum, I'm allowed to take video games seriously...

8. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Just stop paying attention to it. Video games, even iOS games have the forum users be such a small percentage of players that it will not affect sales at all. Most people never visit forums. Just pretend like the game doesn't exist and then when it comes out, eventually, you may have a different view on the game.

Let's face it, even as forum goers who are subject to such long delays, if the game comes out and people say it is terrible we are going to avoid it. If the game comes out to rave reviews you are going to try it anyway.

9. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    +1 to THAT!! ^^^^^^^ :-D

10. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Are you guys in beta yet?

11. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

Not at beta yet. Working towards it though.
    - Alan

12. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Can we see some images or a video clip today? Just so we all can relax and know you guys are still working on it. A lot of people have given up on following this game mainly because there hasn't been any screenshots or video clips since the announcement.

13. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Any guess as to when you'll start beta testing? You guys are doing a closed/internal beta, right?

14. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Communication, not hype, is key

15. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Are you guys using the
    Unity Engine?

16. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I think I remember you guys mentioning screenshots were coming really soon, and that you were about ready for beta testing. Since that was quite a while ago now, I'm thinking that maybe you are just waiting for someone to ask...so...can we please finally see some pictures? Are you guys in beta yet? Are you still shooting for a release by the end of this year? Any news at all? Seriously, anything would be welcome at this point.

17. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    New screenies? Lol taking it with a rather huge amount of salt.

18. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#438 Sanuku, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    Folks, don`t be silly. Developing a Game isn`t as easy as it was once. It takes an huge among of Time/Manpower/Money/... and even more time to polish it enough to make it stand out.

The Shadow Sun is still on my Watchlist since Day One and I again can only say that the Guys should take the Time they need to finish it and release it whenever they believe that it is ready.

19. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Sure, I totally agree. Take whatever time you feel is necessary to get it where you want it, that's fine, expected even. But what about those damned screenshots we were promised eons ago?! If the pictures are not indicative of %100 final in-game, that's fine just say so, we'll understand.

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

While I can understand where your pointing at i don`t get why it`s still so important that they deliver Screenshots of their early Builds.

Think about the Grand Theft Auto Franchise. We aren`t getting Trailer or Screenshots till they reach a Level of polishing where some others would already throw the Game on the Market while Rockstar is still polishing it.

Take a look at Bethesda and Skyrim. While they did obviously invested enough time to make the Game run solid on PC/Xbox360 the PS3 Version is the biggest Mess in Gaming on a Sony Console.

I don`t wanna see The Shadow becoming something similar and therefor I`ll accept that they need more time to polish the Game and not are doing some Marketing Stunt as Chair did with Infinity Blade II while the Game was still so damn bugged that even some other Developer pointed out that they would never relase such an mess and brag about it at the same time in almost every Interview that it did took them only like six Months to get it done.

For me The Shadow Sun has lost nothing of it`s magic since I play a Game for it`s Story and the hole Picture and not for how fast someone has created it out of nothing as long as I can see that the polishing Level is Top Notch and that the Wait was worth it.