iPad Call of Duty: World At War: Zombies [$4.99 for all 4 maps!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ThatRevChap, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The Point is that modern Combat: Sandstorm looks much better than this. It has nothing to do with the console version. I do not ride on big companies d**ks just because they are big companies, get it.

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Twin sticks is fine, imho. The other 2 schemes I find useless though.

I like it. It is expensive, too expensive as it stands by comparison to other zombie shooters on the store. But then app store pricing is another discussion!

Would I pay £6 to get this part of WAW on my 360? Definately I would; friends who bought WAW rave about the zombie mode and the little I've played on friend's consoles I've really enjoyed. (I didn't, and never will buy WAW in full, although I generally love the franchise. Step forward IW.)

So what it boils down to is; is it worth £6 to have on your phone/touch? Seems like it so far to me although I've not played it online yet. It'll live or die on that assesment, I think.

I think it also looks pretty nifty on my, now aging 3GiPhone. I'm sure the 3GS/3rdTouch could handle more but the performance on my device is very playable.

3. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Uh, either do I. In fact, I can't stand Activision and think they are the worst games company out there. I'm just saying, it looks a LOT like the consoles versions which it should.

4. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    still getting the online error. jeez its like WaW all over again!

5. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Ouch! Sorry thats happening

6. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    hopefully itll work properly, i think its my router because ive been having trouble with it lately. i was supposed to get a new one today but im getting one tomorrow. hopefully it'll work then. on a side not is there any ports i could forward for it? i doubt it but its worth a shot
    i also might try reinstalling it if it still doesnt work tomorrow

7. Phil_Synowiec

man i wish i had your problem so I could try and solve it. Try resetting your router. go to your modem and router unplug them both, wait 10 seconds (10 mississippi's =] ) and plug them in, wait until they are all connected and try again.

Another thing you can try is goign to your wifi setting on your device, make it forget the network, turn wifi off, turn it back on, connect to your network, type in your pass and everything, and attempt CODWAWZ again.

8. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
  9. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Sometimes I get the same error, but I've got an easier way to solve it:
    Go to your fuse box and turn out the fuse of the router or just plug out the router, for me is the first one easier, because the router is upstairs :D

10. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    hmm unfortunately didnt work
    ill try a few things, flush dns and all that n see if it works.. man i wish i could manually connect to wifi with my ipod! (choose all the settings myself)

have you managed to fix it yet?

11. Phil_Synowiec

Try stealing a neighbors internet =] see if that works, if it doesnt, its your router. Or try it at a starbucks

12. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    haha i wish i could, all me neighbours have passwords!
    it should work on the new router tho, if not ill reinstall :p

13. lostlogik

lostlogik Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    #93 lostlogik, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Nope. Still trying. Nothing wrong with my router so going to try the connection without hidden ssid/wpa.

14. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    May be try to start Safari before starting the game, that sometimes helps.

15. Robert M.

Robert M. Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I saw this and was like WTF!?

I'm buying off of itunes now!! I'm not even a huge fps fan but I have to see this in action first hand!!

16. lostlogik

lostlogik Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    Nope, that didn't do it.

Grr, this is dumb. I mean I'm typing this on my iPhone, I can stream radio on my iPhone off the internet, watch Sky sport on my iPhone. I know there is nothing wrong with my connection. What am I missing?

17. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    'unable to connect to the game services'
    i cbf anymore tonight, ill hopefully have more luck tomorrow

quick question, whats your guys options that you can tick in the profile section? i have both check boxes ticked.

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Wait is this any good? Any reviews or anything?

19. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Read. The. Thread.

20. hia-leah

hia-leah Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    School
    Miami
    #100 hia-leah, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    damn i really want this... but 10$? I'm betting it will go on sale, like everything else on the iphone... I've already bought games at full price only to find them on sale a week later! But it does look awesome.

Also, for those who complain about FPS controls on the Iphone, you probably just suck! The Iphone is an fps god compared to the PSP, and is in reality more precise than console analog sticks.