Double Maze - What's going to be in 1.2?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VgSlag, Aug 26, 2009.

1. VgSlag

VgSlag Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    iOS Engineer
    Hertfordshire
    Hi guys,

I'm working on the 1.2 update to Double Maze.

The biggest feature is the level editor with the ability to upload and share your creations.

Here is a video of it in action. This is a development build and is liable to change.

[hqyoutube]-OM73-4UwyA[/hqyoutube]

Is there anything you guys would like to see in 1.2?

2. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    #2 JCik68, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    I am now playing current version I won in contest and I like it. There isnt much to change apart from giving us more content (however current content meets price tag without problems and editor seems to be good answer to content question). Levels are relaxing and challenging but not frustating and this goes for gameplay as well

as for suggestions - what about step counter and highscores for each level/all levels? Maybe openfeint support as well?

3. VgSlag

VgSlag Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    iOS Engineer
    Hertfordshire
    Just you wait till you get to level 40. I made it and forgot how to finish it. I had to go through all the levels before submitting for review to check they were all solvable... it took me 30 minutes to solve :mad:

I did think a bit about a "par" for each level. I like the idea as it will help you get an idea if you're going wrong.

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I agree with having a goal to shoot for with number of moves. I won this in a contest as well, and I must say it is really well designed, sounds and music are very well done, and the overall app is most impressive. I think that the number of levels for most people will be more than they will solve in a long time, but having a level editor could make this game spectacular if there are some additional good designs. This one is stayiing on my iPhone for a long time along with Str8ts. Gave a 5* review which I almost never do - I really think it is a great app.

5. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    i like what he said but please for all thats good in this world disregard the openfeint suggestion, use plus+ its much more stable and less issues.

6. VgSlag

VgSlag Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    iOS Engineer
    Hertfordshire
    Thanks for your review and comments. Glad you're enjoying the game.

I will have a look at plus+ and openFeint.

I really need to get this on the main New & Noteworthy so will keep adding to it until it gets there :)

7. VgSlag

VgSlag Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    iOS Engineer
    Hertfordshire
    New update to the level editor and a video of loading custom levels. It's still a WIP but nearly done now.

[hqyoutube]RI6JTGnyVrc[/hqyoutube]

8. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Any plans of adding new levels to the game? :)

9. VgSlag

VgSlag Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    iOS Engineer
    Hertfordshire
    I'm hoping that the custom levels will remove the need for that (although I think I've shot myself in the foot in regards to micro transactions there :))

If it sells well I might pay a designer to do a graphical overhaul or make a newer version with much nicer gfx.