Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-30-2014, 05:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

You guys, this one is awesome. Anyone complaining about how their last several titles have been too similar should take a second look at this one. There are a lot of different things to do. Here are my impressions after about 5 hours:

There is a town building component, where you expand and build up your base, including building homes and factories for your Kairobots. You use items to upgrade your buildings, which then increases your max number of Kairobots to use in battles. So far items come only from battles; I haven't seen an item shop yet.

There is also a tourism aspect to make money and gain research points. During the game you can catch animals to display in pastures, sell items in gift shops, buy farms that sell produce, etc. The research points can be used to research new abilities and unlock attribute boosts, new special robots, and more.

You actually participate in battle this time. Instead of automatic, passive battles, there is a menu where you can choose to attack, special attack, choose healing abilities, summon special robots, and more. Research points can be used directly in battle for healing abilities, summoning special robots, etc. There are seemingly random encounters where you can get items, unlock new special robots, catch animals, heal for free, and more. After battles your factories automatically replace the Kairobots you lost in battle for free, up to your current limit.

Your base can travel to different planets, and there is a pretty good mission system. There are different types of missions including ferrying people to different planets, bringing items to planets, special boss missions, and more.

I recommend skimming the tutorial (Menu > System > Tutorial), it doesn't help you too much at the beginning and I wasn't sure what the point was at first.

There is a lot here and any fan of Kairosoft games should definitely check this one out. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Last edited by cameron331; 07-30-2014 at 05:32 PM..
Old 07-30-2014, 06:27 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron331 View Post
You guys, this one is awesome. Anyone complaining about how their last several titles have been too similar should take a second look at this one. There are a lot of different things to do. Here are my impressions after about 5 hours:

There is a town building component, where you expand and build up your base, including building homes and factories for your Kairobots. You use items to upgrade your buildings, which then increases your max number of Kairobots to use in battles. So far items come only from battles; I haven't seen an item shop yet.

There is also a tourism aspect to make money and gain research points. During the game you can catch animals to display in pastures, sell items in gift shops, buy farms that sell produce, etc. The research points can be used to research new abilities and unlock attribute boosts, new special robots, and more.

You actually participate in battle this time. Instead of automatic, passive battles, there is a menu where you can choose to attack, special attack, choose healing abilities, summon special robots, and more. Research points can be used directly in battle for healing abilities, summoning special robots, etc. There are seemingly random encounters where you can get items, unlock new special robots, catch animals, heal for free, and more. After battles your factories automatically replace the Kairobots you lost in battle for free, up to your current limit.

Your base can travel to different planets, and there is a pretty good mission system. There are different types of missions including ferrying people to different planets, bringing items to planets, special boss missions, and more.

I recommend skimming the tutorial (Menu > System > Tutorial), it doesn't help you too much at the beginning and I wasn't sure what the point was at first.

There is a lot here and any fan of Kairosoft games should definitely check this one out. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Awesome overview! Thanks!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Does anyone know off hand which level consistently offers the most item rewards? I'm going to level up to 500 bots before facing the last boss.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:47 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Excellent game, one of their very best in a long time. It's more complex because of all the planets you need to visit, the missions you need to complete, and all the bosses you need to deal with on your way to the final boss battle.

I've sunk hours into this one, and still am only half-way through. Absolutely worth getting. Anyone who likes Kairosoft games will be in heaven here. And the multiple robot characters you can build are really fun.

Back to the colony for me...
Old 08-03-2014, 12:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I didn't need more Kairobots after all as I just beat Wairomon, the main game completion objective. The game continues nonetheless, but I think that I'm going to give this a break and possibly return to one of their older titles. Of the ones I have played, this was definitely one of the best. It is a bit simplified however. I was never short on cash, was able to beat every level perfect with minimal grinding, and it was mostly Kairo houses that needed to be built - a significant departure from the city building diversity of their previous games. Maybe I should try Beastie Bay next.

Last edited by retr0spective; 08-03-2014 at 12:31 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 11:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

So, what's the scoop on how the culture your colony imparts on other planets impacts their level of civilization?

I'd initially thought that visitors just accumulated whatever you had and the planet just leveled up accordingly. However, now in the post-game and just leaving the game running it doesn't seem that that is the case and some planets are a lot harder to max out than others. I'm assuming that Humidus stays at level 3 and Freezon only goes up to 4, but that the human planets can all go up to 5.

Is it the case instead that someone from a planet has to witness something in your colony with a high culture and then that is applied to the civilization level? By that I mean that some planets will need to see something with X culture in order to progress and the level won't increase until someone from that planet sees something nobody else from that planet has seen before. That being the case, does anyone know what level of culture a facility has to be in order to max out each planet?