Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
This is the link to the one made by DIGITALBOARDGAMES. i casually looked but never found any rules PDF.

you said "looks like a very deep game with lots of unlockable content" so you think it's worth buying now on the cheap and waiting the month for english?
Ewwww! I hope this is not the same game.

While I might be applying some of my own assumptions just from the app description, the game linked on BGG sounds a lot more like a painful Papal Trivia game.

Here is what I assumed the game in the app was far more like since it even mentions your success is tied to getting your hidden papal candidate, among the 18 entrants, the majority vote.

So I just assumed there are 18 cadidates on the board with many different overlapping alligiances and special interests they're each uniquely identified with. To give a clueless example, say one of the cadidates is German and on "Friends of the Animals" committe among many other such associations.

Each turn the players would take turns playing cards that advance or setback all members of some grouping for consideration. There could be a card that advances all German cadidates or one that sets all of Friends of the Animals back a step. The idea being you'll try to get your one candidate ahead by using cards that move his interests forward while keeping his opponents' factions at bay and since each card moves many cadidates at once up or down, it won't be obvious which specific cadidate any one player is trying to advance the most.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:56 PM

did you see my post that it has been removed from the Appstore?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
did you see my post that it has been removed from the Appstore?
Yep, but I also saw it was an accidental release (after I bought it, that is) so I wasn't suprised.

While no clue how close the game was to what I hoped, after feebly trying to walk through the tutorial (clicking where they told me but having no clue what was happening), I'm confident it isn't based on that game linked at BGG.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I'm confident it isn't based on that game linked at BGG.
that's good news as that one got crappy ratings. hopefully, they'll re-release in english at the 99 cent launch price.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 09-05-2014 at 09:15 PM..
Old 09-09-2014, 02:51 PM

Default Official - Digital Board Games

Hello.
Thank you for your interest in our digital board game.

We are happy to announce that we are currently working on the english translation of "Conclave: the boardgame".
It is currently available only on the italian store but we planned to release a free update with english translation on October 2014 and restore the game on international stores.

We PRAY that you will love the game as much as we loved creating it.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBoardGames View Post
Hello.
Thank you for your interest in our digital board game.

We are happy to announce that we are currently working on the english translation of "Conclave: the boardgame".
It is currently available only on the italian store but we planned to release a free update with english translation on October 2014 and restore the game on international stores.

We PRAY that you will love the game as much as we loved creating it.
In the meantime is there anything like an English translation of the physical board game rules or even maybe an English review of the physical board game so we might know a bit more about the game you are porting?