Sonic Dash by Sega

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 28, 2013.

1. #1 Haruhi, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    [​IMG]

Sega has confirmed to Kotaku (via Pocket Gamer) that they are making a new Sonic auto-runner, possibly (and hopefully) similar to Rayman Jungle Run. There are no concrete details or screenshots yet, unfortunately, but I'll keep this post updated when information starts flowing in.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Greattttt....

(Pin drops everyone heard it because of slience)

3. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Still waiting for the ios version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...

4. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Now Sega is getting it, Sonic is all about dashing, not jumping.

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
  6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes! I'd be interested to know when to expect this.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm all up for a game simar to RJR.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Amen.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yes... Justice to Sonic. Now the young ones are gonna go "why is he running he's supposed to jump like in my previous game!"

10. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I wish they make a temple run/subway surfer version with sonic. That would be awsome

11. It says on Pocket Gamer (and Sonic Stadium and Sonic Retro) that the game is going to be an endless runner

I just hope it'll be a free game up front if it's going to be loaded up with in-app purchases

Also, I can't see how this game will work, as Sonic is capable of running past the speed of sound (he is named after a sonic boom, after all), and his rate of acceleration can get him up to an extremelly high speed in a small amount of time. Lets put our physics knowledge to practical use. Sonic will quickly run at an extermelly high speed (lets say a base speed of 500 miles/hour, and a rate of acceleration of 70 miles/second/second), making the game instantly unfollowable for any human. The only thing that Eggman could throw at Sonic which could put a fair fight when it comes to speed is Metal Sonic, and he holds the same faults that Sonic has when it comes to damage. When Sonic will be running at these higher speeds, if he hits a obstacle, he will be instantly killed. If it's like a jumping obstacle, his legs will be chopped off. If it's like a ducking obstacle course, his head will be chopped off. If he hits a wall, he will be squished to a point where his skin will burst open. And thats just at 500 Miles/Hour, not to mention the difficulty it would take to actually steer sonic around corners. If Sonic manages to reach Mach 1, the game will be virtually unplayable, due to the fact that the sound will be immensly lagging, ruining the game experience, and the fact that the sound caused by the sonic boom would deafen the player. Also, any speed over 200 Miles/Hour would make any obstacles on the track unseeable, coins would zoom by us without a notice, any power ups would end up being ignored and we'd have no ideas where the walls start and stop.

All in all, I don't think this game will work. All of the reasons above are important, but I'll narrow it down to the three biggest drawbacks that if they aren't announced in the days before release, I just won't get it
    1)It doesn't feature the city in City Escape
    2)It doesn't feature the City Escape song
    3)Shadow isn't in it