Splinter Cell [New Video] (27 May 2010 release date)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FallenAngel, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    #1 FallenAngel, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    EDIT:

==================
    [​IMG]

Yes, our old buddy Sam Fisher is back. And this time, he'll give his debut on our all-loved platform, the iPhone.

At the moment, there are no more infornations, screensgots or anything like this, but it will be released along with the other versions. Lik all other Mobile versions of Ubisoft games, Gameloft developes the iPhone version.

(This is NOT a rumor or something, it was announced in a presantion by Ubisoft Switzerland two days ago.)

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    link to the speech?

3. FallenAngel

Nov 15, 2008

Sorry, there is no. It took place at a hotel in Zürich, Switzerland. Cameras or anything like this were not allowed.

4. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I'm starting to fall kinda short... If anyone remembers the GTA: chinatown wars incident, that was fake.. So we will need some proof of this game right here before anyone believes you.. If cameras wern't allowed, or anything like that. Then whats the use of telling us this?

5. FallenAngel

Nov 15, 2008
    Probably there's no use. I wanted to tell you about it, and that's what I've done. Assassin's Creed 2 will be ported to the iPhone too.

Now you can believe me or just ignore me. It's your desiscion.
    By the way, why should they not bring those game to the iPhone? AC1 was a huge success so they would be really stupid, not to port those two games too.

6. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I checked all over google and nothing about those 2 games. I'm having a lot of doubt right now :|...

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I can almost hear the dreams and hopes that are gonna be shattered.

8. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I don't know why you wouldn't believe him it's perfectly logical. It's prob not gonna be good cuz it's gameloft but it will prob happen

9. ShadowsFall

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I mean, like I could see it happening.. But, most of their games are almost the same. For example, Heroes of Sparta, Terminator, and Brothers in Arms have the same controls and it's kinda basic (complete the mission, and you're done). No cash shops, no etc.. There's kinda no reason to get excited about a game that's going to be the same. Brothers in Arms has probably come closest to Splinter Cell.

10. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    please if this is fake please take this thread down please. We dont want to murk TA reputation.

11. FallenAngel

Nov 15, 2008
    For the last time: This is NOT a fake. These two games are really coming to the iPhone.

12. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Hmm ACII is a possibility if developed by Gameloft

Its a little strange that these announcements came from a hotel where no cameras were aloud, wouldnt Ubisoft want to announce this to the public?

13. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    GameLoft.... That means the early buyers will be *****ed over, and the games will be $1 in no time...

Also, I might just skip Splinter Cell. The DS version, while passable, wasn't very good.

14. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    BIA and Terminator Salvation have the same controls, yeah...but how in the hell can you lump in HoS as having the same controls? :confused:

Anyway, sure it'll be basic. It's a mobile platform. What the heck do you people expect? Long play style games are the niche on this sort of platform. It's quick play gaming that rules the roost on platforms like iTouch/Phone and other mobile platforms.

15. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    This is obviously true. Gameloft has released Splinter Cell mobile games before. ANd alot of other Ubisfot i.p´s. Guess what - Ubisoft and Gameloft are very close - so close their respective CEO´s are BROTHERS

16. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Assasin's Creed 2 will NOT be ported to ANY iDevice. Not even the iPhone 3G S could handle it.

17. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  18. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #19 5duc29, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  19. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    So true. One of them went for home consoles/computer sector while the other went for the mobile platform. I'm pretty sure they can port EndWar maybe?