Universal OrangePixel - Sir Questionnaire: Grab your top-hat, camera, and cane!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by orangepascal, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

Hey guys!
    I wanted to show and tell about my new game coming end April/May to iOS, Android and PC.

Game is called: Sir Questionnaire, and it's a turn-based, hack'n'slash - roguelike with a two-button control scheme. You enter a dungeon and each room gives you two options: leave the room, or interact with what ever is in the room. This can be monsters, but also debris, treasure chests, pools of water, or just another door!

Take pictures of your various encounters and complete your codex with information on the various entities that roam the dungeon.
    [​IMG]

Take on Quests as you enter every game, ranging from easy to hard, with each quest type giving you a reward for your next game. The harder the quest, the bigger the reward, so choose wisely!

[​IMG]

Level up and improve your skills based on a range of character trades, and try to venture deeper into the dungeon on every run.
    [​IMG]

Currently the game is a BETA for the PC version, for (OrangePixel) Patreons, and I hope to have ironed out the gameplay in a few weeks time with a release of the game somewhere in end April or May! (and then I can get back to Gunslugs 3! )

(*Screenshots/video mostly taken from PC version, the game will be playable in Portrait mode on mobile devices)

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks awesome!

3. orangepascal

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #4 nyanpass, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  5. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Saw this on the front page, super excited about it! I hope it will be fully premium?

6. orangepascal

Gunslugs 3 is delayed, mostly because of this game :) oops!
    More likely GS3 will now be in Septemberish.. giving me all summer to tinker with it !

7. orangepascal

yes :)

8. EpicSkater

EpicSkater Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Nice! Looks intriguing #️, and polished as usual.

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Sold!

10. orangepascal

[​IMG]

Game now fully up and running on iPad. Also figured I'll let the player decide about playing Portrait or Landscape mode. Guessing smaller devices (phones) will want portrait, but on ipads both modes play pretty nice :)

I'd say I'm now at 95% of the planned content for release, so almost there!

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for this!
    I realise that a lot of iPhone players prefer portrait mode, but having a large iPad Pro I just love playing landscape.
    To give the player the option of playing either is to be highly commended. #

12. orangepascal

Status update!

So my March/April release window is now pretty much a failed one, BUT luckily there's always May to release a game in.
    The game is now at 99% completed

Almost all the mini-bosses are in the game (six+ bosses)
    [​IMG]

Almost all the functionality is in the game, even sharing "polaroids" on twitter/instagram from your findings in the dungeon!
    And also getting rewards for your quests (rewards are handed as a backpack when you start your next game)

[​IMG]

Finally, I am working on the trailer, and also recorded the process of making the trailer to my weekly vlog, so if you are into such a thing.. then check it out here:

AND... AND! I just uploaded the iOS build to the App-store, and will do some beta testing soon!

So there's an update for ya :) It's coming very soon now, it's a fun little hack'n'slash roguelike with a huge amount of things to figure out and learn about when it comes to items and what they can do or how they can be used!

Now for some bonus material, a little shot of some of the art created for the game:
    [​IMG]

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Looking good. Can hardly wait. #

14. orangepascal

If you need to find anything, just ask the Seeker.. if you happen to run into him:
    [​IMG]

Currently beta testing v0.6.1 with a bunch of testers, making sure the interface is looking good and easy to use on all types of devices big and small. So still closing in on a full release very soon!

15. orangepascal

The Merchant just got a nicer shop, and we're almost ready to actually open up the shop! Maybe next week, or else the week after, could be a release week for Sir Questionnaire ! I'll keep you updated ;)

[​IMG]

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So excited for this one!!!!!

17. orangepascal

18. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Very interesting. The video is funny too. It is expected. :D

19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #19 stubbieoz, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Just watched the video.....very funny and well made. The quality and the passion for your work shows.
    Be assured you will at least get one sale upon release lol #

Just one question. In the video all the game footage was in portrait mode. I hope you kept the option to play in landscape mode? #

20. orangepascal

check minute 3:22 ;)