★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I'm the kind of iOS gamer who buys any and everything out there, but when there's that truly special game that I know I will never, ever delete (and heh, Heroki makes it so easy to keep since it's less than 500 MB), I do the exact same thing: Play a level (or so) every day at full completion so the game lasts forever.
Pleased to hear that We actually made great effort keeping the install size of Heroki below 400MB by using in-game assets only for cutscenes and such. Nice to know it's appreciated!
07-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picomy View Post
Pleased to hear that We actually made great effort keeping the install size of Heroki below 400MB by using in-game assets only for cutscenes and such. Nice to know it's appreciated!
It certainly is and I absolutely love when developers go that extra mile. I believe Oceanhorn was the same and that's a testament to my words: Oceanhorn has had a permanent spot on all my devices since day one.

07-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Glad you all are enjoying the game We really appreciate all the great support from you guys. Thanks a lot!
Have you got a date for the fix to come out yet? The game is a sitting on my iPad waiting to be played!
07-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Absolutely loving the level 3 music. Is the soundtrack available anywhere. Must have it! Also, love how sprawling the levels are. This is the my GotY candidate so far.

One question: is Heroki (HEROki) a guy or a girl (HERoki)?
07-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prhaber View Post
Have you got a date for the fix to come out yet? The game is a sitting on my iPad waiting to be played!
We are uploading the fix in a few hours. It wil be QA'd by tomorrow -- just to make sure this version works on all devices from 4S and up, iPad 2 and up and the Mini's. Lower devices aren't supported due to outdated hardware to run Heroki.

Once QA approves this version we will submit this version tomorrow as well. Hopfully Apple can speed up the approval time so that you can play Heroki (hopefully) tomorrow on your iPad Mini. I will update this topic once the update is live I hope I've answered all your questions regarding the fix.

Heroki is a boy, but good question though! Never thought of the wordplay her-oki before

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-08-2015 at 03:51 PM.
07-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Quote:
We are uploading the fix in a few hours. It wil be QA'd by tomorrow -- just to make sure this version works on all devices from 4S and up, iPad 2 and up and the Mini's. Lower devices aren't supported due to outdated hardware to run Heroki.

Once QA approves this version we will submit this version tomorrow as well. Hopfully Apple can speed up the approval time so that you can play Heroki (hopefully) tomorrow on your iPad Mini. I will update this topic once the update is live I hope I've answered all your questions regarding the fix.

Heroki is a boy, but good question though! Never thought of the wordplay her-oki before
Thanks for that! Your hard work to fix the problem is much appreciated.

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-08-2015 at 03:52 PM.
07-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Quote:
That's definitely important. I'm glad you guys specifically focused on this because I think once games hit 700mb+ people start thinking of making room for other games since smart phones and tablets have very limited space.

Like Metal Casket said, Ocean Horn is incredible as well because of that massive game fitting in a small size.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-08-2015 at 03:52 PM.
07-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Good news: The update will be out within an hour or so! It's currently propagating so iPad Mini owners can also enjoy the game very shortly.

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-08-2015 at 03:54 PM.
07-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Update's out ladies and germs!
07-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Update's out ladies and germs!
Thanks for the update on the update! I'm there already...

....so far so good! Finally I can play this game...

Last edited by Prhaber; 07-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.