Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Can you be more specific on this? I like my data calculable :).

Any comments from Mika mobile?

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Additionally to your player characters overlapping each other, sometimes they overlap bosses. Also, if a boss stays near the edge of a screen and your character is on the edge side, you sometimes have your character nearly pushed offscreen.

Thanks for your updates!

3. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I posted a pretty thorough explanation of the bards buff mechanic in the strategy and tips thread in general game discussion.

I plan to tutorialize the bard a bit better in the future, the game doesn't really explain him at all.

4. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Oh I didn't realize that. Thanks for the heads up Mika.

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Again awesome game and incredible support imho.
    Having hard times with the Golem....

BTW, a couple of questions if I may.

I was under the impression that aside from the crash bug (which fortunately plagued me only at the Boar...after that the game was simply flawless) the update would put an indication if the items you're about to buy are more efficient that the one you already have....am I wrong? Because I cannot see it.

Are the bard buffs (the ones with the colored radius) area based (ie: you affect the PCs in within the radius) or target based?

Many thanks!

EDIT: reading the tips&tricks thread now.

6. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Pretty sure they affect everyone and that the circle is just part of the animation.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thank you!!!
    I was constantly moving the Bard in the heat of the battle to buff everyone!!!

BTW, some higher spell animations are lovely....Lucille damage boubble is too nice!!!

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just adding for me this is one if the only games I own (about 110 paid apps) that I would fully support IAP, this game has kept me playing longer than any other iOS game so far, most others I just play for maybe half an hour here and there but there's just something about the Rpg levelling and loot drops that keep me playing. Thanks for a great game.

9. Weilder

Weilder Member

Jan 20, 2011
    These only show if you are buying something for someone in your party and will show in the portrait icons when you select the item in the Merchant

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Aaaaaaa thank you!!!
    I probably missed the icon portrait!
    Thank you!

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Totally off topic but trintiGames gave me a promo code but I already have gamebox 1 so if anyone wants the code here it is, GAMEBOX 1 ELITE promocode. 9F6TP679AMJN

12. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    #992 makitango, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    Minibug: The Wind Walk ability has a little gfx shadow on top of its icon which sometimes leads to thinking its cooldown was ready, when it's not.
    -> Nvm, it's just a visual effect caused by not having a retina screen.

Plus, the monk's 1000 Psalms kicks an enemy to the edge of the screen when he dies. I know his real name is Chuck Norris, but he doesn't have to show that. :p

13. pkt

pkt Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hey,
    The game looks appealing but how does it fare on older devices? Namely, 1st gen iPod Touch? Is it iOS 4 only? Any significant unresolved bugs?

Apologies if all that's been covered already, but this thread is now 100 pages long...

14. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Just thought 'd add my name to the list of people loving the game. Playing on an iphone 4, Ididn't experience many crashes before the update, and now it seems very stable for me.

This game just gets so many fundamental ios gaming things right. For me, the graphic style is outstanding, and the simplicity of the gameplay mechanic just makes it a compelling experience. Massive congrats on a job well done!

I'd fully support IAP too, and really hope this sees plenty of new content in the future. 4 player online, where you control just one character is my ultimate, greedy hope for this game :D

Thanks again, Mika

15. Dann

Dann Active Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I agree.

The 4 player thing you mentioned would be totally epic. If a player gets disconnected/crashes then he/she would be replaced by AI. And if there was a good, stable guild system implemented like in other MMORPGs, I'd flip out at the awesomeness.

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Although I doubt anyone would want to play as the Cleric :)

17. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #997 GiHubb, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    I actually feel that personally I really liked discovering his benefits myself and that I wasn't hand fed. But that's just me!

As for paid DLC, generally it seems to make sense money wise but many times it isn't. I'll explain: The easy example is games like Doodle Jump and Angry Birds which enjoyed a huge success partly because buyers know they will keep on getting new content and levels. A not so obvious example is Trenches - I think it was close to dying in sales but the new multiplayer patch, which they contemplated as being an IAP, went for free, and got people all excited about the game again, with new review updates and word of mouth. It propelled it back to the top 10 in the AppStpre. I'm sure this free update made them a lot more money than charging for it. But that's just my opinion and I could be of course way off.

18. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    good update!! now wait for more classes/monsters and stages :p

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Game still crashes occassionally... :/

20. Ezak

Ezak Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    #1000 Ezak, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    Hey Vovin, I know crashes are frustrating, but in order to fix them, devs will need more information, like device, iOS version, class makeup, where and how it happened, etc...
    I haven't had a crash since patch so I'm seriously getting into arenas now :p