Game Center & AI players

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by codeloss, Aug 3, 2011.

1. codeloss

codeloss New Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Graphic Designer
    New York, NY
    Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm a graphic designer in the games industry by trade, and I'm currently putting together an indie game of my own for iOS. I want to have as few unanswered questions as possible before going to my programmer.

I'm planning on offering multiplayer via Apple's new turn-based features in iOS5, but I'm curious: will I still be able to include computer-controlled opponents alongside the opponents over the internet? Has anyone done this in their games, or played any games that have done this?

There will already be computer-controlled AI for single player games, and part of the fun of my game it is the interaction that occurs with other players on the map. There's definitely a lot less drama with only 2 players. Sort of the way Risk isn't fun with just two people. So I'd like 2 player games to be able to throw in a 3rd or 4th, controlled by the computer. If it's possible. Is it?

Thanks all!

2. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I believe this IS possible (see asphalt 6: adrenaline by gameloft) but I'm not sure how possible it is via game center. However, if the game has a decent amount of people online, you can do more than 2 people via game center i think (see conquist). Anyways, good luck on your game! Hope it's a good one :D