Wandake Announes Robokill 2!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wandake, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Wandake

Wandake Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #1 Wandake, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    Hey guys, Wandake is just about set to release Robokill 2, the highly-anticipated follow-up to one of the hottest games of 2010. We're introducing a bunch of new weapons, 25 new enemy types and 12 missions spread over three episodes. That translates into over 600 rooms to explore full of enemies, loot and mayhem. We're putting out a video next week, but here are a few screens to hold you over for now.

Enjoy! You're the FIRST to see the new game, we haven't even shared this stuff with the gaming media yet.

Attached Files:

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Awesome! I am a fan of the first, but it was TOO SHORT!!! Once I was powered all the way up, the game is over. Maybe there can be an update for the first game with some extra levels along with the release of #2. Hint, hint.

3. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    We wish we could add more levels but the nature of our license with Rock Solid Arcade doesn't give us a ton of room to add more content. Trust us, we'd love to give you an infinite amount of content but we have to change the nature of our license first. Unfortunately it's hard to know if that will ever happen.

4. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.

Well, either way I am very excited about #2. This should be awesome ;)

5. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Looking forward to this one. Robokill is one of the best dual stick shooters. Satisfying gameplay.

6. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Indeed. My only suggestion--which may be too late since Robokill 2 will be out soon--is that I wish the rooms in general were more interactive. For example, I wish there were walls that could be broken open that would have secret passage ways leading to other rooms not on the map, similar to finding secret rooms in Metroid. I think this would add more variety and an element of exploration that going from room to room currently lacks.

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Awesome, Robokill is probly my favorite game on IOS. I'm ranked 17th all-time and have spent hours and hours playing it. This is great news... Hoping for multiplayer co-op for story mode and/or survival. Ether way I'm def getting this day one.

8. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    #8 Wandake, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    Hey guys, thanks for the support! Here's the link to a quick teaser trailer to get you even more excited and give you a first glimpse of the game in action. We're also hoping to have a more in-depth gameplay walkthrough soon, so I'll be sure to post that as well.

9. imosmo

imosmo Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    wow looks cool
    look forward to your new game and good luck!

10. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    looks the same..

will it still be the tiny robot shooting even more tiny robots on the iphone?

11. redd

redd Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Stamford, CT
    Ain't nothing wrong with killing tiny robots...

There's actually quite a bit different. The general style is the same as Robokill 1, however there are tons of new weapons, enemy types, power-ups and level designs. It's kinda like the first Robokill, just more... 2-ish!

12. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Although you can barely see the sCreen, I can tell the visuals are better....I've played survival mode for countless hours so I can tell. Anyways the graphics don't matter it's the gameplay that makes it awesome and addictive. I liked the campaign mode, unfornuatelu I thought it was too short... I hope the sequel has a bit lengthy quest with a bigger story and most importantly hard boss fights... Bosses were pretty much non-existent in the firt one. Finally praying for online coop for survival, that'd be amazing I'd pay 5$ easy...

13. Since87

Oct 17, 2010
    ok. so still tiny visuals.
    i own an iphone, the gameplay was great in part 1 except for..

basically the small visuals.. my thumb would cover a whole bunch of spawning enemies in the corner.

PLEASE implement the pro-stick (from mage gauntlet) for movement.

14. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    And one more idea...

I'd LOVE to see you guys add a jet pack. This would enable the player to boost from platform to platform. This still falls under the category or more interactivity within the rooms that I mentioned the other day.

:)

15. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #15 Darth Ronfar, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    Well the sticks do look smaller in the video, just use ur finger tips or dont just
    Stand in the corner while enimies are spawning

16. Since87

Oct 17, 2010
    ...thats ipad footage.

and "use my finger tips" ?
    i dont play for YOUR comfort, i play for mine. sheesh.

17. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Sorry just trying to help. I've played this game alot and know what u mean all u can do is try to stay in the middle as best as possible, most of my deaths come from my fingers blocking the screen...

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is supposed to be out today if anyone finds an iTunes link post a thread for it.

19. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence... Actually, Robokill 2 will be released tonight! We'll have some more information later today for you, though.

20. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    Trailer

Hey there!
    --For those of you with concerns about the controls, we wanted to mention that the joysticks are both fully positionable to your liking, so you can try out what works best for your own play style.

Here's the new trailer that's out for Robokill 2.

http://vimeo.com/35975773

It is coming out this evening/tomorrow AM. I have some notes on the game features from the iTunes text as well:

FEATURES:
    • 3 in-depth Episodes containing 12 Missions
    • 600 rooms of enemy killing mayhem
    • 25+ Diabolical New Enemies
    • 30+ über-weapons and items
    • A sidekick hover-bot. Your own hover-bot!
    • In-app purchase system lets you level up early and buy your toys quickly
    • Amazing graphics optimized especially for iPad
    • Blazing fast gameplay
    • Responsive and customizable controls
    • Awesome original soundtrack
    • Smooth learning curve with increasingly challenging maps
    • Smart enemy AI
    • Inventory for customizing on-board weapons before each new battle
    • Try different combos of guns, shield boosters and repair packs
    • Detailed weapons stats
    • Earn experience points to get the biggest, baddest weapons and power-ups
    • Find all the hidden power-ups, weapons, cash and gear drops
    • Checkpoints & teleportation nodes keep you always in the action

So much content: 3 in-depth episodes containing 12 missions and 600 rooms of enemy killing mayhem.

25+ diabolical new enemies to destroy with 30+ über-weapons and items including a sick sidekick hover-bot. Yep. Your own hover-bot!

Hot graphics, cool enemy AI, and fully customizable controls let you put your joysticks where you please.