Help me understand, please!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheSeldomSeenKid, Apr 11, 2010.

1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Hello everyone :)
    For a long time, in everyday life, we are exposed to advertising. This has happened, does happen and also will happen, for many years no doubt. On tv, newspapers, magazines, online, on this website and on our iPhone there's ads. Unfortunately the ads on our iPhone are, to be put nicely, rubbish. So, why is everyone hating on the upcoming iAds? They look brilliant, especially compared to those currently used in Apps.
    If you haven't seen the video of the OS 4.0 update, which includes a demo of iAds it can be found under the Apple podcast on iTunes.

I'm not trying to start a big argument, I'm just failing to see the disadvantages of them. Ads are and always will be on the iPhone, so why are people not liking the idea of iAds?

Thanks
    Elliot

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    iAds are fine, just people don't want to see them in paid apps, because if you pay for an app you should not be blitzed with sponsors and logos when you have already shelled out some cash

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Unfortunately, many people don't see that side of it.
    Ps. Nice sig!

4. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    You know people who don't want iAds in free apps?
    And thanks :D