NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    I think it'll come out on the 10th because they are letting people play the game early on the Thursday and Friday preceding that. If not that then the 17th

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I doubt it would come on the 10th. They just announced it, they usually take at least 3 weeks to hype big games. I'd say the 17th or later is more realistic. It looks like we can look forward to a steady stream of new info in the meantime...

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Oh god. Please tell me it will work on iPod.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #204 psj3809, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  5. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Sadly, it will probably run only on iPad 2, new iPad and iPhone 4s. They have announced it for iPhone and iPad, so probably iPod touch 4 won't run this and iP4 and ipad 1 too. Plus they said it is dual-core optimized and look at the graphics.

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Dual core optimized only means that it can actually use both cores, not that it requires them.

The graphics don't look that much better than those in MC3, they'll probably just turn off some of the effects and it'll run on A4 devices. (like MC3)

7. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Honestly I think it will work only on iPod 4, and nothing below. It will be optimized for iPad 3, though. Just because it says iPhone and iPad, doesn't mean it won't come for iPod. In Australia I see all these commercials saying "for iPhone and iPad now on the AppStore". I think it's because people refer an iPhone as nearly the exactly the same thing besides being able to ring and get Internet anywhere.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I agree. I doubt that Gameloft would release a game that doesn't run at all on the iPod Touch. Keep in mind that that would not only limit their market on iOS, but would also significantly limit their Android market as well -- a game that doesn't run on the iPod Touch would also fail on a large percentage of the Android install base.

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even be surprised if it would run on 3.rd gen devices as well, since they aren't that much slower, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I predict that A4 (and possibly lower) devices just will miss out on ragdoll physics, real time player shadows, motion blur and that kind of stuff.

10. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Why the hell wouldn't they let iPod run it that would like cut the sales in half.. I'm sure it'll be like mc3 too

And not everyone lists every device,
    "for iPad and iPhone devices" often refers to iPod as well

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think it will even surpass mc3 and become the best looking fps on app store.
    In the reviews, there's talk of real time shadows, lighting effects, reflections and floating debris in the final build.
    The engine is an upgraded version of the mc3 one.
    NOVA has always been their flagship product and I think this will be the same.
    The more in game previews I see, the more impressed I am. Starting to get impatient for it now. Roll on around the 17th, I hope.

12. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Indefinitely.

It will be the be the best looking FPS, if not the best looking app, by far, although I'll be very much graphically hindered by my little iPod...

13. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Yes Nova 3 will be the game to play when it comes out. I would be very surprised if this game isn't one of the very best on iOS.

Funny how EA was supposed to be kickin butt with Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect... What the hell happened there??

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    People boarded the hype train and had too high expectations. Personally I didn't get excited about them (BF3 in particular) because their previous FPS, BFBC2, was pretty bad. But I really didn't expect BF3 to fail as bad as it did. EA must have been really ashamed to pull it from the App Store so soon.

15. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The multiplayer in here is gonna be awesome! Can't wait for all the vehicles. Any news on multiplayer maps? What would you guys guess the maps are?

16. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    After EA released dead space. I thought their games were going to be getting better. BFBC2 was horrible and still is. Constant crashing.

Glad to see Gameloft upping their games again and getting away from that horrid freemium.

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. One non-free to play "core" gamer game doesn't mean they're shifting course.

18. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Nah, Gameloft isn't "shifting course." This is the only paymium game they've released this year. Two of them released last year. No iOS developer is going to support this quality of game full time. It's more like a "once in a blue moon" type of situation. The same can be said with EA and their involvement with Mass Effect Infiltrator. Gods knows when or if we'll ever see something like that again from EA. Gameloft may produce an extremely high caliber game like NOVA 3 once or twice a year.

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#219 killercow, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    Well I think gameloft was pretty clear in their interview (From a few month now: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/Gameloft+news/news.asp?c=37152). They said that both freemium and premium titles would continue to co-exist and the reason is clear: Freemium is really working out for them (and printing money). But i believe that we'll see more premium titles from them as we get to the end of the year. They still have to push out those UE games after all.

20. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Well, the multiplayer maps will have to be pretty large to support vehicles.