Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 02-20-2015, 08:18 PM

Stopped at Chapter 5 on 1886. I think the game is alright. Far from shitty but I wouldn't exactly run around recommending it either. I really would like (hope) to see some more gunplay later on. Graphics are amazing though. Wow. Will try to finish it over the weekend.

My 2 pennies so far.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:16 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Is there any point getting a ps4, now that Sony will launch Playstation Now service? I heard it basically streams there games (old & new) to all sony devices and other smartphone & tablets by different manufacturers. All you must do is pay for the service to take advantage of this cloud streaming. Unless I'm mistaken, and P:Now doesn't actually stream PS4 titles.. But PS3 and below..
Well, if you've got a WiiU and beffy PC maybe there's isn't a point on getting neither PS4 or XB1 if you don't care for the exclusives.
Now, regarding PS Now, IIRC the games will only be usable on Sony's smartphones, tablets and the PS4 and also keep in mind that zero of those games, ported to mobile or not, weren't designed for touch controls and because of that I don't think that getting PS Now just to play PS3 games on your tablet or phone would be a good idea and again, it's a Sony-based online service, it's likely to go under maintenance and be taken down sometimes.
But that's just my opinion on the reasons of why PS Now shouldn't be going to change anyone's opinion on the purchase of a PS4.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:35 PM

Playing more of 1886 and I'm really enjoying it, I think a lot of the hate stems from pre release fanboy angst to be honest. Looking at Metacritic it isn't hard to spot the comments by people who've never played it and are just that echo chamber effect. I remember reading how you could unlock all achievements in the first two hours pre release, maybe I suck but I've yet to get one after 4 hours and I have another 11 or 12 chapters to go.

To me this is a game for people who enjoyed the original Uncharted or loved The Last of Us, it's a good solid Single Player experience. If you're not into story heavy SP then you're not going to be into this, if you only like open world games or RPG's then it probably won't do it for you either, it's an old school narrative driven solo experience and I fine with that. But then I also find it really odd that people dictate a games worth by what it's not as opposed to what it is, not to mention some of the commonly used negative points of the game are seriously over embellished or simply not true.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:40 PM

*Just* finished 1886. Wow, I just couldn't stop playing. I had to play to the end. Things definitely picked up after Chapter 5. And yeah, achievements started popping late game for me.

Had fun overall.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:38 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

1886 looks great, I don't care about the reviews. I want to pick it up soon, I just haven't had much time for console gaming lately.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:25 AM

Maybe everyone knows this already but the RGB settings for PS4 seems to be messed up. I've had it on "auto" this whole time and my tv supports both Full range and limited. I changed the settings from "auto" to just "full" on PS4 and holy hell, what a difference!! Night and day.

Make sure your tv has similar settings.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:45 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

^didnt know anything about it but will have a look at it.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:44 AM

Just finished The Order, loved it but felt it could have resolved the story a bit further. It felt finished enough but there was also opportunity to further explore some aspects from the main storyline a bit more. There's definitely room for improvement in some areas (mainly balancing Cinematic's with gameplay) but it didn't deserve all the negativity. Looking forward to more in the franchise.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I have a modest degree of interest in The Order, but I don't generally like long cut scenes so I have doubt that I'm not going to hate it. LOL.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I have a modest degree of interest in The Order, but I don't generally like long cut scenes so I have doubt that I'm not going to hate it. LOL.
If you find games like TLOU or Uncharted 3 hard to get into then you probably won't like The Order.