Bird Mania, Coming Soon to iPhone and iPad! (By Teyon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TeyonGames, Apr 3, 2013.

1. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011
    #1 TeyonGames, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Our crazy and addictive game Bird Mania which was released last year on 3DS will soon be available on the iPhone and iPad as a universal application!!

Unlike the 3DS version, there are many new enhancements to the game including:

• Simpler iOS touch controls; SLIDE to steer and TAP to dash!
    • 3 attempts at flying instead of one for each round of game play prolonging your aerial experience
    • Stunning retina graphics, optimized for iOS devices
    • Online Leaderboards via Game Center
    • 2 worlds to explore in various weather conditions

Keep an eye on this thread and follow our Bird Mania Facebook page, dedicated only to Bird Mania for all the latest updates!

Teaser:

[​IMG]

2. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011
    #2 TeyonGames, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Bird Mania will be available to download on the App Store on the 25th of April for $0.99!

A sneak peak at the game!

BirdMania_Screen01.jpg BirdMania_Screen02.jpg

BirdMania_Screen03.jpg BirdMania_Screen04.jpg

BirdMania_Screen05.jpg

Check out the Bird Mania Facebook page for updates and info!

3. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011
    An exclusive interview with the Producer and Lead Programmer into the development of Bird Mania has been posted up on our Blog. It includes never before seen images and sketches!

Jump onto our Blog to read all about it!

4. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011
    To celebrate the upcoming release of Bird Mania, we are giving away 3 free Bird Mania codes on the 22nd of April!

Note down the date and keep an eye out on this thread for your chance to score one! :D

5. pixelpowa

pixelpowa Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Indie Game Dev
    U.S.
    #5 pixelpowa, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
    I've been playing this for the past week (thanks again for the beta, Teyon), and it's a great example of a simple idea well-executed. I played the 3DS version quite a bit too, and I know a couple of people who really got into having highscore battles. I don't think its flash-like visuals are doing it any favors in setting it apart from the rest of the pack, but it definitely deserves a long hard look from those who like this type of game.

I wouldn't recommend it to tablet owners though, especially if you have sensitive eyes. The game starts moving really fast after awhile, and while it (thankfully) periodically slows down, I have a hard time keeping up with on a large screen (ymmv, of course). I didn't have any problems on my iPhone though.

6. stinkjeff

stinkjeff Member

Jan 16, 2013
    :)I can already tell I'm gonna be addicted to this one!! Well done.

7. fleshburg

fleshburg Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I agree... has an angry birds yet nostalgic mario bros feel. I'm excited!

8. Retrolicious

Retrolicious New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Been playing this game early, thank you very much for the opportunity.
    I must say overall it's pretty good. After being accustomed to the 3DS version's stylus control and how good they were, I was worried the touch controls wouldn't be as responsive. To my pleasant surprise the game controls well.

Plenty of improvements over the 3DS version that I really appreciate, like the changing background settings. I still think there should be some sort of meter for your dash used to attack enemies. It's kind of hard to keep up when the game gets faster on an Ipad. Still, this is a real fun addicting time waster!

9. JarvanZheitk

JarvanZheitk New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Bird Mania IOS Review

Game Title: Bird Mania
    Developer: Teyon
    Platform: IOS
    Social features: Game Centre, Heyzap
    Device used: iPhone 3GS

Bird Mania is an endless flyer runner that follows our protagonist Mojo who discovers he was left behind by his flock as they made their annual vacation to Africa.
    Mojo must now collect as many stars, pop as many balloons and speed through as many birds as he can to reunite with his flock.

Bird Mania has a singular endless game mode that is split up into three different rounds, at the end of each round you can view your statistics for how many starts you’ve collected, how many balloons you’ve popped, how many birds you’ve hit, your max multiplier and how far you’ve travelled.
    Additionally you are also provided with the opportunity to improve the score you’ve achieved for that round by using a heart. (Note: Hearts are in-app purchases and cost real world money to purchase.)
    At the end of the 3 rounds you are given your total score which saves to your high scores.

To control our fury protagonist you use the left part of the screen to move Mojo up and down and the button at the bottom right part of the screen to boost. These controls can be switched at any time from the main menu.
    Each collectable item is worth a certain amount of points; by boosting through a bird you can add +1 to your multiplier. However, if you boost into a bee your multiplier is reset.
    If you fly into a treetop, bush or a bird and a bee while not boosting, Mojo comes crashing down.

Star = 1 point
    Red Balloon = 2 points
    Purple Balloon = 3 points
    Red balloon = 5 points
    Bird = +1 multiplier
    Bee = Multiplier reset to 0

Bird Mania features local and online leader boards.
    You can filter the leader board by what scores you’ve achieved weekly, monthly and ever. Each leader board entry displays your position, name and score.

While playing through Bird Mania the frame rate occasionally dropped for a brief moment but quickly returned to normal.
    Loading times were quick and painless taking just 5 seconds to load the main menu and taking 12 seconds to load into the game. It should be said that the game will not have to load again if you do not return to the main menu or view high scores.

While Bird Mania provides a sound gaming experience to those seeking to waste some time on the train or those seeking to achieve the highest high score while in class, I can’t help but feel let down by the option that essentially lets users buy their way out of a bad round.
    Problems aside, if you don’t own Bird Mania for the Nintendo 3DS (Or do for that matter) I whole heartedly recommend you Pick up Bird Mania.

Rating: 8/10

10. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Free Bird Mania Game Codes!

Celebrating the upcoming release of Bird Mania with 3 free game codes! Grab one quickly!!

WLXJLRAKH3JR

YXAYL4MKLTKJ

MEW3MFTEHA46

11. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I took MEW3MFTEHA46, these impressions look promising. Will leave some of my own when I have them. :)

12. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011
    From tomorrow Bird Mania will be available worldwide to download on the App Store for $0.99!

And so the countdown till tomorrow begins… :cool:

13. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011
  14. TeyonGames

TeyonGames Member

Mar 16, 2011