Could anyone help me choose?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ace_97, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

#1 Ace_97, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say i'm glad i'm in TA. Now on topic.

This month i bought a few games. I want another app to keep me satisfied for a while. This month i've bought C&C, F.A.S.T, and iBlast Moki. I was wondering if i should buy:

Modern Combat: Sandstorm
    CoD: World at War: Zombies
    Ravensword: The Fallen King

What do you think?
    If you have any other opinion, that would be great.
    I like these types of games. If you could give reasons that would be great.

--Edited--

Thanks!

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Original Jelly Car was pretty good, haven't purchased JC2 but its #1 so I'm guessing its pretty damn good.
    Tap Fu is fun, don't get me wrong, but, it lacks longevity. You get through the story mode fairly quickly, although there are alternate modes of gameplay. It is a $1 now though..so that's a pretty good deal since content updates will be added.
    From what I understand, The Settlers involve a lot of thinking/time management, so if thats your kind of game go for it.
    NBA..uhm idk I never was big on sports games on the idevice, so its up to you. All in all, I'd probably go for either JC2 and/or Tap Fu, both are only a $1, while the other 2 are a bit pricier.

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    The Settlers FTW

4. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

I bought Tap Fu but i'm wasn't satisfied. I still have cash to spend though. I need an explanation of why it would be that gme though.

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    :/ yea Tap Fu lacked replay value. But hopefully that'll change when an update rolls around. I just bought Jet Car Stunts [$2] and am lovin it..I highly recommend you check that game out.

6. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Agreed Jet Car

7. Ler

Ler Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Europe
    What kind of games you like?? May be you'll try Alien Glyphs? )

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
  9. Claridosa

Claridosa Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2009
    This is beginning to sound fishy. Two of the same posts in the last 24 hrs. Both brand new people. The logical thing for one to do would be to first search the forum bc there are numerous threads about top games. Here is a large one.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=31998

If I were to guess (and I could be wrong) I would think dev. are trying to get input for upcoming games, games in the works or basic ideas. Why not just "ask"???

10. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

I like rts type games, fps type games and physics type games. I also like games that provide a story and i like games with high replayability.

I think the devs would just ask senior members to post posts with polls and such. I have used the search feature and i didn't find it helpful. I have already been to the thread you have posted but i didn't find what i was looking for.

So far i'm considering settlers. I'm not sure if i should wait fot Thanksgiving because due to the holiday there might be a sale price for the settlers and many other games.

11. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Could anyone please help me decide soon? I would like to thank you all for the responses but it's not what/enough of what i'm looking for.

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Check out the two threads we suggested, then just read the forum posts. Its extremely hard to choose a game for someone else. Sorry.

13. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Thanks anyway. I'll just keep looking through the reviews and the forum posts.

14. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Holy sh%^ get a job! For 30 bucks you can have any five games on the app store or a cheap ass meal. Grow a set and quit your bitching!

15. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Why dont you shut up because not everyone who has an ipod touch or iphone can get a job because of their age and spend there cash on anything they want. Don't expect just because someone has something expensive they can afford anything they want.

16. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    #16 jxjja, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    You should get Ravensword, it has wonderful graphics and a great replay value. The controls need a little work but I think they are gonna be fixed in the next update. The length of the main quest is about 5-6 hours long and is just amazing. It is more an adventure game and I think that there are a few weapons and armours but they will add more in an update that is already in the works. If you like adventure game and exploring then get this game and I promise you wont regret, it was an insta buy for me, this game costs $6.99 and is worth it.

Another great game is Jet Car Stunts, it just reminds me of Trackmania, you never get bored of playing the same tracks once and once again, the controls work great and is a great game. It can be a little hard but it is also fun to play and a great game, it is graphically awesome and costs $1.99.

I would recommend you to save a few bucks so you can buy NOVA when it comes out, it will have online and local multiplayer and it should be out by December.

I havent bought CoD but it has a lot of great reviews so get it if you like killing zombies and FPS games. This one costs $9.99.

About Modern Combat: Sandstorm this game is great, the best controls and FPS can have, and they promised an update before christmas with online and local multiplayer (I dont know if bluetooth was also promised) but it is a great game even without the multiplayer update. This one is $4.99 and at that price it´s a steal.

So those were my reviews to some games I hope I helped you to decide.