Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014.

1. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    What is AoE

What is AoE and what class does it belong to haven't played all the classes so idk plz help me!

2. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    What is AoE I haven't played all the way through every class plz tell me ##

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #643 Nullzone, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Hi and welcome to TA ;)
    AoE means "Area of Effect" in this case, i.e. an attack that affects a larger area - as opposed to only hitting a single enemy.
    Haven't played BH in quite some time, so I can't remember which classes have those; the sorcerer(s) had some, fireballs I think.

4. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    #644 JakePlaysGamesNStuff, Sep 26, 2017
    How to Level up fast?

Im a level 23 knight/battlemage and have skills all the way to knight max, barbarian up to colossal weapons and up to arcane potency on battlemage and im looking for a very fast way to level up so i can beat the game and also unlock every skill on every tree except ninja because i forgot to take her side. Ive been fighting in the arena on casual mode and just gathering up exp with 2x lucky egg and i just need a faster way btw ive never beat the game so its not a file+ but im trying to make a file+ so i can try everyone's builds. is there just a easier way then the way im doing it? i need it to be fast and easy with what i have because i cant just get stealth and Aoe skills and grind like all of you do i need just a simple way to level up super fast or the fastest way so, please give me ideas of what to do i need to unlock everything and beat the game to make a file+ and also a loadout for my knight/battlemage plz help me

5. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    Build to start game

Warning: I dont have NG+'s

I need a build with guide to make a character to beat the boss and get every skill and then make a NG+

ex:
    you need these skills
    (blah blah blah)
    You need these equipment:
    (blah blah blah)

when you first start you get this skill first and you get this weapon first or get this armor then grind till certain level or whatever

so yeah i need something like that explaining beggining to end of game what to do throughout.

Got it? I need ideas plz

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #646 Nullzone, Sep 26, 2017
    Oioi, so you basically want a complete walkthrough. Not something I can write in 5 minutes ;)

I recommend to check the Battleheart Wiki here: http://battleheartlegacy.wikia.com/wiki/Battleheartlegacy_Wiki . It has a lot of useful info.

Knight/Battlemage I never tried myself, so I cannot comment right away. I'll see if I find time to play around with the skills you listed, if I can come up with some good combos for the Arena. Arena is the fastest way to level past 20 or so.

How much Charisma do you have? Try to pick up the Bard's Generalist skill (end of his tree), and then see which skills you can get with it on (it reduces the stat requirements to buy skills by 30% , but needs a whopping 33 CHA to buy.

When you beat the game and do Newgame+, you can unlock the Ninja tree then, I wouldn't sweat about it.

Oh, and also check which skills from other classes you can get already with your current stats. If you give me a list, I can tell you what's a good choice.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    So I just played around a bit with the skills you list on a Newgame+ .

First of all, Knight and Battlemage don't synergise that well - Knight needs STR and END, while the BM needs lots of INT. If you didn't play for too long, you might want to consider starting over with a different combo.

Next, I found the combo Knight/BM/Barb underwhelming compared to my usual powerbuilds. You definitely need to be more careful than with, say, a Monk+X combo. However, note that this NG+ char was build with a ton of Endurance (to take advantage of the Grit passive) and no points in other stats, so I'd expect that a regular K/B/BM does a bit better. Just for fun, I started a new game (normal difficulty), want to see how well this combo can do.

You should get some Lifesteal, either from items or skills, to make life easier and less dependent on potions.

On the plus side, you can switch between Colossal weapons (for damage) and Sword/Shield for more defense, depending on what you are up against.

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #648 Nullzone, Sep 26, 2017
    Almost forgot:
    The absolute fastest way to level up, grab all skills and become a total powerhouse is to beeline for the Bard's Generalist skill I already mentioned; with maybe a level or three spent on other stats than DEX (needs 21), INT (10) and CHA (33), if e.g. one more point in STR allows you to pick up another great skill from a different class.
    And then go down the Wizard/Int tree(s) for all those spiffy AoE spells next before you branch out further - those help immensely in the Colosseum.

Pure Int build is one of the most powerful in NG+, especially for Colosseum. Best singletarget (aka bosskiller) build is a dualwielding hybrid with a ton of Dex, using two daggers or dagger+sword.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #649 Nullzone, Sep 26, 2017
    So I mathhammered your build a bit ;)
    Your current stats should look something like this: Str 28, Dex 5, Int 11, Skill 6, End 38, Cha 5.

First, completely forget about the Barbarian skilltree for now, with one possible exception:
    IF you can afford to raise your Skill stat to 9, get the Barb's Savage Pounce. If not right away, then with next levelup or so.
    Colossal Weapons don't synergise well with the Knight, you want a onehanded weapon (I'd go with a sword) + shield - more defense means more survivability, plus you need a shield for some of the Knight's skills.

Next, your stats allow you to pick up the following skills from the Witch, which will make your life a good bit easier:
    Drain Life, Plague, Lasting Affliction. Especially Drain Life is important, the other two are optional if you prefer to use different skills.

You can get more stuff from other classes, but I wouldn't bother as those don't work well with your build (e.g. the Wizard's skills require high Int, which you don't have).

Now, further development:
    Get your Cha to 8, so you can get the Bard's Charm - it'll help a lot outside the Arena.
    Then, I'd get Dex to 7 to pickup the Rogue's Poison Dagger (which does NOT require you to equip a dagger) for some DoT (damage over time).
    This also allows you to get Raise Skeleton from the Necromancer tree - free meatbone shields ;)
    When you levelup some more, get the Paladin's Aura of Light at Cha 9, for more healing.

Equipment:
    Get the best sword, heavy armour, shield you can afford.
    If you have trouble with surviving, get Lifedrain trinkets.
    If you survive ok, get trinkets that either increase attack speed or shorten skill cooldowns. Focus on one of those; mixing trinkets spreads your boosts, but also makes them less effective.

Setup:
    With your current skills, I'd use this:
    Actives: Flame Weapon (just switch it on, then forget about it), Drain Life, Victory Banner, Intimidate. For the last two slots it depends on if you need more damage (Plague, Power Attack, Cleave) or more defense (Defense, Shield Wall).
    Passives (not much choice here): Lasting Affliction, Shield Training, Armsman, Grit, Chivalry, Sundering Strikes.
    UPDATE: Ignore Plague, doesn't do enough damage due to low Int. I went with Defense and Shield Wall.

I just tried, and got 31 Arena kills: not too bad, but not really good either. For comparison, my hybrid Monk powerbuild from the same level 20 NG+ savefile just got to 89 kills, and can do 100+ if I'm a bit more careful.

10. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    Hey bad news

I frucked up the witch quest apparently I think I should just restart so I'll restart but when your level 1 where should I grind?

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Better check to be sure: if she's not in the Guild, check her house if she's still there. She's really hard to kill, so my best guess is that you didn't bring back her book and thus don't have her as trainer.

First bunch of levels you shouldn't have to grind at all.
    I started a new playthrough as Knight, currently on level 6 just from going through the level-appropriate dungeons.

Once you can survive it, the slime cave is great for lowlevel grind (till 20 or so), after that the giant slime in the same location and easily reach- and killable bosses.
    Before level 10 or so you shouldn't have to grind much - if at all.

Just read your PM:
    If you restart, I highly recommend the Bard route I mentioned earlier, to get Generalist asap. It's perfectly doable and not too difficult; even easier if you don't mind to get Generalist a few levels later and increase secondary stats to 6 to pick up good skills from other classes.
    For more specific grind places, I'll need to play on a bit more first ;)

12. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    Best class?

Right now I'm trying to beat the game with necromancer but is there a combo or single class that is the easiest to beat the game with?

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #653 Nullzone, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Obviously, the best in terms of sheer power is mixed skills from various classes. Just look at the BHL wiki and the many different builds there.

Now, if you want to play with a single class or two:
    My personal favorite is the Monk. I think I completed the game at least 3 times with her. I found her one of the easiest classes to play with. Lacks a bit in the overkill damage department, but makes up for it with nice skills and good survivability.

Paladin is pretty good too: tanky, can dish out damage, can heal, and has some pretty powerful skills.
    Knight is similar to Paladin: very tanky and okay damage, minus the healing.
    UPDATE: Almost forgot. Knight is a natural to combo with the Barbarian. You'll need something to make it to the Barb trainer anyways, and they both need mainly STR and END. Learn Knight skills till you can win against the Frost Wyrm, then switch to the Barb tree (and keep whatever Knight skills work for you).
    Oh, and you should also get the Battlemage's Flameweapon, the 10% extra crit are just too nice.

Wizard is quite hard on first playthrough: really great skills to do a metric f-ton of damage, but also very very squishy.

I tried a Necromancer/Witch combo once (the two dark magic "baddies" together ;)) , and it was quite fun; but I can't recall how difficult it was.
    Necromancer also combos quite well with the Ranger of all things, as they both have pets and pet boosting skills. The downside is that you need to spread over 5 stats, so that combo is more suited to NG+.

Ranger I didn't like too much, as the often very cramped spaces don't really allow to blast stuff from far away.

The Ninja and Rogue are quite powerful too, and make for a nice themed and well-synergising combo as far as I remember.

Pure Barbarian and Battlemage I can't comment on, as I never tried those. I started a Barb, but she's only level 7 or so, so I don't know yet how well she fares later in the game.
    UPDATE: Played a little bit more, and don't think I'll keep her on the pure Barb&Knight tree. Instead I'll follow my own advise below ;) Aura of Light is pretty much a must in the Arena, anyways.

And of course, if you aim for Newgame+ right away, pure Bard (up to Generalist skill) is the way to go.
    UPDATE: No matter what you play, definitely pick up the Bard's Charm skill, it's that good. Plus, it also allows you to get the Paladin's Divine Hammer skill. Invest one more CHA, and you also have his Aura of Light, which makes for great healing.

If you want to have it easy, I'd give Monk - with an occasional sidedish of "whatever you can get easily" from other classes - a try.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
  15. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    Load out for coliseum?

I have 84 skills and I'm mainly going as necromancer but with the skills that I have is there a better load out for grinding in the coliseum? Btw I'm trying to make a ng+ where I have all the skills so this isn't a ng+ plz only recommend skills that I can use with the stats below
    Here is my load out rn:
    Level 31
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 16
    Intelligence: 36
    Skill: 16
    Endurance: 16
    Charisma: 20

Active Skills:
    Summon Mummy (necromancer)
    Summon Skeleton (necromancer)
    Wandering Plauge (necromancer)
    Mass Hysteria (necromancer)
    Corpse Explosion (necromancer)
    Meteor (wizard)
    Teleport (wizard)
    Power Infusion (paladin)

Passive Skills:
    Tainted Blood (necromancer)
    Cursed Knowledge (necromancer)
    Army of Doom (necromancer)
    Shadow Infusion (witch)
    Staff Mastery (wizard)
    Quick Study (bard)

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #656 Nullzone, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    You're looking pretty solid already.
    I'd throw in the Witch's Tornado and the Wizard's Icestorm (or whatsitcalled) , those two make a terrific combo. And the Witch's Lifesteal as passive. How well do the pets fare in the arena? I never tried that.

Ah, I actually bookmarked one of the builds from this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3244856&postcount=155
    You should find most of the builds from here on the wiki, too. Play around a bit and see what you like from the killer combos (e.g. I never warmed up to Corpse Explosion, just couldn't make it work right; but other folks found it great).

Oh, p.s. re your pm: it's generally considered polite to say please :p

UPDATE: Here's another Mage/Necro/Witch powerbuild: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3256187&postcount=580
    And the page after that has one more: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=230554&page=59

17. JakePlaysGamesNStuff

Sep 25, 2017
    Teenager
    Maryland, U.S.
    What are some good damage buffs to use and what class does wrath belong to?

18. Arvandor

Arvandor New Member

May 15, 2018
    Found a fun little slightly unorthodox sword and board battlemage build that seems to work pretty well. At least, it got me to 300 kills in Colosseum before I messed up (definitely could have gone further).

Equip:
    Bael's Bloodreaper (mace or sword works as well, doesn't really matter for this build)
    Draconic Bulwark
    Mor'doth Doomplate
    Vintage Chardonnay
    Phoenix Quill (maybe some optimization here, I don't have many trinkets though)

Skills:
    Revenge: the staple of this build. It can crit (thus proccing impending doom) and scales with enemy damage as well as your own. The more incoming fire, the faster your cooldowns reset (and the more damage you deal back)
    Premeditation: Use before every use of revenge. It has a much shorter cooldown, and will help keep revenge up.
    Victory Banner
    Aura of Light: I tried a run with Song of War here instead, but you need this healing in later stages. Until you get to wave 50+, with aura and revenge up, you can just stand there and kill the entire arena and stay at full health.
    Shield Wall: Reduces damage you take, but doesn't seem to affect revenge damage (I think it's based on how much the attack is worth, not how much of it you take). Great for later stages when things really start to hurt.
    Mana Strike: Super spammable AoE of doom. Especially with revenge proccing IP, you can literally spam this by alternating your two elements.
    Flame Weapon
    Arctic Weapon

Passives:
    Shield Training
    Slaughter (or whatever crit boost for the weapon type you're using)
    Impending Doom (of course)
    Chivalry
    Grit
    Favored Soul