KIL.A.TON: Vote for Version 1.1 Features!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jspoto, Aug 19, 2009.

?

What features would you like to see for version 1.1?

1. Additional Weapons

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. New Environments

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Dynamic Wind Support

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Online / Network Play Enhancement

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Customizable Vehicle Appearance

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Other (Please Elaborate)

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. jspoto

jspoto Active Member

Jun 26, 2009
    #1 jspoto, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

Dot Matrix is committed to supporting our titles online, and TA has a very active player community. KIL.A.TON has been very well received to date, and we're looking to make it better!

As a result, we'd like to get your feedback, on our upcoming feature update. What would you like to see?

Let us know, and where possible, elaborate on your voting option by posting some specifics.

You can always post your suggestions to our company forums as well: http://forums.dot-matrix-interactive.com/viewforum.php?f=25

Fire Away!

2. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    This game is fun, I just wish everyone didn't fire at once. Maybe you fire, then your shots have to recharge. idk just feels like any other artillery game out there to me.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Most artillery games don't all fire at once..

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I voted for weapons. Weapons are the thread that keeps these games together, once they stop being fun, the game stops being fun.

5. jspoto

jspoto Active Member

Jun 26, 2009
    #5 jspoto, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    FWIW, in custom games the user can set "All Shoot" to Off, which works like other turn-based games. We just didn't support it for online multiplayer, since players can sometimes spend 90% of their game time sitting idle, something we didn't like about other existing games.

It could certainly be added in online games if there's demand for it, but reducing down-time was one the primary motivations for the simultaneous play.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I actually don't know too many that fire all at once. It's a different take on it, and I actually kind of enjoy it. As for me, I vote more weaps and levels.

Online would be great, but I don't think it could ever beat Star Hogs. No offence, but I mean that online system is awesome, and with 1.2 it will only get better. But online functionality would be sweet for a lot of folks.

7. oneWAYup7

oneWAYup7 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    In God's World
    I don't mind that everyone fires at the same time. It actually adds some strategy to the gameplay. What i would like is more variety with the weapons and dynamic wind to be integrated.

8. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    i voted for the "other" choice because i want custom weapons just like ishoot:D

9. jspoto

jspoto Active Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I'm a bit unclear on this, but would like to understand more what people's impression of our current online support is. Version 1.0 does have multiplayer / online support (as a major feature), including user accounts, a game lobby, multiple channels, stored rankings, for 2-6 players over internet.

The menu option above was intended to represent enhancements to the current system... like perhaps better chat, team play, clans, more/different rankings, specific kinds of tournaments, etc.

As far as other games go, the simultaneous shot mechanic was devised to make online play fast and fun - typically, a 10 round game can be played through in 10-15 minutes, depending on how fast everyone takes their shots. We're unaware of any titles similar to KIL.A.TON on the iphone, where 6 players can play through an online game (and complete it) in a short timeframe.

If one exists, we'd love to know about it (and would probably enjoy playing it!)

10. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    How aboutttttttt all of the above? Just a little bit of each :) lol

11. jspoto

jspoto Active Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Now that's the TouchArcade response we've come to love :) Actually, we considered allowing multiple votes, but didn't allow it, since we thought it likely for everything to get voted on! Forcing a single choice will hopefully paint a picture of the most "urgent" requests, which is most helpful to us...

We're happy to address everything we can, but we do have to prioritize like any developer.

Hence, features with many votes are likely to get more attention, and get it early.

12. jspoto

jspoto Active Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Interesting poll so far, we're certainly using this to inform and plan our next ".1" update, being developed now.

Some interesting discussion on our company forums, re: new powers and tuning, for those interested in additional weapon options.
    http://forums.dot-matrix-interactive.com/viewforum.php?f=25

Thanks for the feedback so far...