Splatterhouse coming November 18th for $2.99

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by drfaygo, Oct 6, 2010.

1. drfaygo

drfaygo Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    #1 drfaygo, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big fan of the old splatterhouse games, so I'm looking forward to this! Looks like the first splatterhouse but rick is wearing the new terror mask.

Thanks to http://splatterhouse.kontek.net/new.html for all things splatterhouse!

2. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I thought it was Jason...

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Who knows, this might turn out better than the iffy console version.

4. drfaygo

Sep 7, 2010
    Yeah, they kinda messed up with the console version in terms of stuff like the atmosphere the old games provided but from what I saw it's a pretty good contender with other games in that genre.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #5 Somerandomdude, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    Y'know, it might just do so. The first two Splatterhouse games are some of my favorite side-scrollers of all time, and a port of this would be insane.

I just hope they nail the controls. Those games required some really precise button presses, and any sort of sloppyness in controls is going to screw you up big time.

EDIT: Toned down gore? Bummer.

6. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    This looks awesome! Though I don't look forward to Namco's god-awful pricing method. :(

7. drfaygo

Sep 7, 2010
    Agree with both of you guys. This game requires such frequent jump kicking and even if it is unplayable namco will charge you 4.99 to find out

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #8 bigrand1, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    YES!! I loved the original Splatterhouse back in the day when I had my Turbo Grafx 16 and Turbo Express portable unit! I remember the Express was still the best portable device years later even! I hope the gore aspect is NOT toned down for this incarnation of the game! That would kill it IMO! Keep my fingers crossed..... And having the multiple weapons is a must! Just hope they nail the controls because I remember the jumping aspect was very important to the execution of the attacks!

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, bummer, I know... Ah well, it shouldn't ruin the game that much.

10. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    kind of got my hopes up for the 360 version:(......this is still ok.

11. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Where did that "toned down gore" quote come from?

It's kinda surprising since from the graphics it appears to be a port of the arcade version (rather than turbographix), where all gore was intact.

I seriously don't get why people feel the need to tone down "gore" in a sprite based 2d game. There's nothing more extreme than hacking the arms/heads off of some dodgy looking tar covered shambling beasts. Honestly, "Predators" provides far worse than anything Splatterhouse can offer, even in its unedited format.

Oh well, hoping for a unedited arcade port. Will buy this on day 1 regardless, but as some other people have already mentioned, I can't see the controls possibly ending well.