Fez - (by Polytron)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Source:

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Holy.....YES!!!!

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Effin' YES!

4. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
  5. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Definitely exciting but no direct mention of iOS...

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Don`t worry to much about it. It`s pretty similar as with Bastion...

I`m pretty sure Phil has watched closely how well Bastion did on iOS and I assume that after all those Troubles he had on XBLA with Fez we will sooner or later see Fez on our PlayStation/Ouya/Android/iOS/WiiU too after the Game will launch on Steam.

He could even launch a KickStarter for each Port and I`m sure he would collect enough Money together so he could Port the Game even if noone would buy the Port.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This will be amazing if it truly does get an iOS port.

8. tanooki

tanooki New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Nope, but the door is wide open. Prior to leaving Polytron for Capybara, Renaud was tweeting frequently about his experiences with MonoGame. This'd get it on to Linux and Mac, but also give them the option for both Android and iOS.

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Really hope it'll come to iOS :)

10. NoisyNinja

NoisyNinja Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Hopefully we dont have to wait a couple of years for Fez :)

11. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I really hope he will port fez to iOS...

12. Never played Fez. If it won't be ported on iOS, I'm 100% sure it'll be ported onto the PS Store.

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#13 Sanuku, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    According to Phil he didn't make Millions but still obviously enough even with the cut of his Ex-Teammember ( Everyone who had watched Indie Game: The Movie knows probably what I`m talking about ).

As we all know in the past a few Publisher already tried to make Phil jump and port the Game over to iOS so I assume that in the End someone had managed to convince him to do it.

It`s all about the Money...

I don`t believe that Phil will go again the hole Way alone with his Buddies like he did it the first time with the XBLA Release so we will either see it pretty soon on Kickstarter for the different Builds or getting released in the first six Months of 2013 through some of the AAA Publisher.

So who will get some Fez-love?

Let`s try to recap:

• 500 million Android devices (Worldwide)
    • 400 million iOS Devices (Worldwide)
    • 400 million Windows User (Worldwide)
    • 100 million Wii devices (Worldwide)
    • 070 million Xbox 360 devices (Worldwide)
    • 070 million PlayStation 3 devices (Worldwide)
    • 050 million Steam User (Worldwide)
    • 013 million Origin User (Worldwide)

And let`s don`t forget Windows 8 (Mobile). Microsoft would be dumb to don`t pay Phil some...

[​IMG]

...to port it even maybe exclusively for the new Microsoft Operating System that is currently struggling so hard to reach a bigger audience while everyone in the Industry believes that Microsoft went to far with it and the Nokia Stocks are driving down the hill as if there would be no tomorrow.

On the otherside Phil and Microsoft have some History if it comes to who should have to pay the bills so I`m unsure if Microsoft was clever enough to pay Phil some extra Money to prevent an Port to any other System.

Was Zynga just to late because Phil had already signed a Contract with someone else?

I don`t believe that Zynga was the only one who did put a Paycheck on the Table and asked Phil to jump. It obvously didn`t worked out for them so the Question who had knocked at Phils Door a few Months before Zynga does interest me more then currently even if the Game get`s an Port for iOS or not.

Trapdoor, who had helped Phil in one Way or another, had already worked with EA in the past so I would guess that Electronic Arts wouldn`t just look away when they see a Gem like Fez.

Overall I guess in the longer run only Phil will be able to answer the Question which System will now get an Port and which not because in the the end...

It`s all about the Money...

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #14 Vovin, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

You've just made my year... :p

But hey! I said that, too! Twice! Now look at me, still being here. Learned "most" of the rules meanwhile, so I should be fine. :D
    tA is online crack.

And your "free speech" doesn't apply here, btw. This is a moderated forum and a commercial website - and some people's job they make money with. Get used to it.

Oh, and your "double standards, disappearing posts and heavy handed tactics" is your point of view. I am sure that a lot of people think different about some of your posts.
    Beat me, but in general and according to rules, insulting posts tend to disappear. IAP and price debates tend to re-surface in the price discussion garbage thread.

15. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Let's face it, this will never happen in a million years for iOS.

I remember reading that the whole code base is in C#... so all the code will have to be converted to c++. Also, I remember reading that the programmer now works for Capybara, the people who did Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP.

So for having Fez on iOS is just pure speculation and wish fulfilment.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    So...what exactly is Fez?

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow. Even I know what Fez is!

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  19. raymond_cgc

raymond_cgc Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Wow, I just can't believe this news! Fez is definitely among the best game I got play in the last year. Wow...wow...wow....cant imagine I play this on my iPAD!

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #20 JBRUU, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013