Tree Chop - 3D art + 2D puzzler = fun!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jwong3D, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jwong3D

jwong3D Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Toronto
    Hey all, i just started development on my iphone game, so i figure might as well share the fun process here on this forum.

A little bit about me, i'm a 3D artist/Programmer, i've done 3D art for Pixar Studios, and programmed websphere for IBM, so i thought i'd try something new and take a crack at iOS, it seems like a great medium between my two passions.

My iphone game is going to be a 2D puzzler, where a beaver will chop down a tree at the top of a cliff, using gravity and physics the tree will fall down the user will slice the tree multiple times to navigate the obstacles on the way down, where the goal is to stop the lumberjack from chopping down your home!

This is just the gist of it, there will be a lot more features as i progress!

2. jwong3D

jwong3D Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Toronto
    #2 jwong3D, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    Just to whet your whistle, i've gone ahead and done the art for the main characters! I plan to do it all the art in 3D, but the gameplay will be 2D

[​IMG]

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Nice renders. Doubt it'll look like that ingame.

Says on your blog you're still learning objective C?

4. jwong3D

jwong3D Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Toronto
    thanks! yeahhh it won't be this high quality ingame, but the game won't be 3D itself, so hopefully the 2D sprites will convert well. Yeah i've mostly programmed in java, and C, but never in objective C, so this will be a fun challenge