Random thought: Ender's Game game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MrMojoRisin, Apr 7, 2014.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I read the novel years ago and just fairly recently saw the movie. What game or games (iOS or PC, preferably) do you feel might capture that kind of grand scope of an epic space battle?

More specifically, something where you feel in command at the "high level" like Ender?

And bonus points for a game with a fair learning curve that you don's have to be a strategic genius to enjoy it from the start. :)

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Homeworld "."

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    That's a fun game, but I remember it being a little bit "micro-managey" for my tastes.

4. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    #4 Topherunhinged, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Then you might be out of luck. A few 4x titles have a similar scope, some with more automated combat, but certainly, not less micro-management.

You might try Nexus the Jupiter Incident (the skirmishes are small, and the game can be very hands off), Masters of Orion 3, Gratuitous Space Battles (on PC, the iOS port is apparantly terrible), some 4x's just have basic commands for ship battles, instead of full turn-based, so maybe try Rebellion, Imperium Galactica 2 or one of the others released in the late 90's early 2000's.