Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default iPlay Football ... just play it you dont have to review :D

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id632699198
This is a very simple topdown American football game! it is competitive both offline and online! please give it a chance.. i promise you won't regret it!
ps. you don't need to know how to play football in real life to be good at this, just look at the in game tutorial

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id632699198
iPlay Football
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_3309.PNG (770.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png IMG_3145.PNG (652.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I don't normally comment because a game is bad but I'm making an exception,
What a waste of 2 minutes of my life downloading and trying this
Terrible.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I don't normally comment because a game is bad but I'm making an exception,
What a waste of 2 minutes of my life downloading and trying this
Terrible.
Thank you for trying it. I appreciate your feedback. exactly what did you hate about it? please keep in mind this is based on the American sport called Football.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrimpong View Post
Thank you for trying it. I appreciate your feedback. exactly what did you hate about it? please keep in mind this is based on the American sport called Football.
Hmm I just didn't have a clue what was going on? All I saw was a top down pic of one guy then some guys bumping into him form the side and one time he threw a ball???
Not sure maybe it needs a better tutorial or something, it wasn't that I hated it so much as didn't have a clue?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Hmm I just didn't have a clue what was going on? All I saw was a top down pic of one guy then some guys bumping into him form the side and one time he threw a ball???
Not sure maybe it needs a better tutorial or something, it wasn't that I hated it so much as didn't have a clue?

In the main menu, click on "How to play" it tells you the objective of the game since i'm guessing you are not at all familiar with the sport of American football.
To summarize what the in-game tutorial says, you just have to get your player and the ball to the other end of the field more times than the other team.

The other team will attempt to tackle you if you have the ball. try your best to keep that from happening.

[url]http://www.rulesofsport.com/sports/american-football.html[/url]
Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM
iPad

I love it when a dev takes constructive feedback properly. Just for that, downloading!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wicky View Post
I love it when a dev takes constructive feedback properly. Just for that, downloading!
I didn't even reply before because when I saw the link to how to play American football I was like WTF I know how to play the sport it's the game that's nonsense.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 PM
iPad mini

Doesn't seem to work at all on iPad mini in 2X mode. The menu is partially cut off, and then when I try to start a game, all I get is a black screen with a pause button that doesn't do anything.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Doesn't seem to work at all on iPad mini in 2X mode. The menu is partially cut off, and then when I try to start a game, all I get is a black screen with a pause button that doesn't do anything.
Thanks for testing with the mini! the graphics are all 1136x640(iphone 5)... i made it specifically for the iphone, i discovered after creating all the graphics that apple lets the game go on ALL platforms. i'm currently researching ways on how to fix this for all platforms ASAP

Edit: I found out the mini runs the 1024x768 resolution... the same as ipad 2 and a friend of mine had a similar problem on their iPad with this game. Im guessing since its not technically a retina iPad, i'd have to find out someway to scale down the textures... i've been researching to no avail but still trying. if you come across something could you please let me know?

Last edited by afrimpong; 04-26-2013 at 01:54 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 01:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I didn't even reply before because when I saw the link to how to play American football I was like WTF I know how to play the sport it's the game that's nonsense.
you said "Hmm I just didn't have a clue what was going on? All I saw was a top down pic of one guy then some guys bumping into him form the side and one time he threw a ball???
"
That sentence told me that you did not look at the tutorial, and you lacked a basic understanding of football since you couldn't figure out why you got tackled. sorry for the misunderstanding.
ps. so far you are the only one who understands American Football that doesnt have a clue on what is going on in the game.