Are Game Center Leaderboards Region Locked?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by El Tedeth, Oct 5, 2010.

1. El Tedeth

El Tedeth Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Scotland
    Just a general query, picked up Cut The Rope this morning and played away at the Cardboard Box section until I had got myself atop the all time leaderboard which shows to me there is only 399 players currently, I mean surely there's been more purchases than that for this game, and I'm not entirely sure whether this is only a United Kingdom leaderboard I'm being a part of/viewing.

Anyone in the know about this?

2. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    It depends when the game was updated. Another thing to remember Is that allot of iOS users don't update there devices. I had to tell my friends about game center

3. El Tedeth

El Tedeth Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Scotland
    That's true, regardless do you know whether or not the GC leaderboards are region locked?

At least now theres 2106 players to compare myself with, I'm now 3rd... even though the guy in second has the same score as me but has been placed above me even though I claimed that score first, oh well.

4. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Lol, My highest Place is 828 in pac man. I would say that is alright saying there is 26000 players.

5. El Tedeth

El Tedeth Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Scotland
    Definitely a good ranking, better than trying to find yourself amongst the angry birds leaderboards; I'm like 44 thousandth, I feel special.

Also the link in your sig to your site's facebook page is broken, unless it's just me.

6. olliewollie

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Yeah, Your right. Thanks. Should be fixed now :)