Super Bunny Land!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HernanZh, Jul 26, 2012.

1. HernanZh

HernanZh Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    #1 HernanZh, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

What's it about
    Endless runners are becoming increasingly popular and there are a lot of creative variations out there. From jumping roofs to punching monsters. This game takes a more simplified approach to it by mixing familiar platforming elements to it. The game is a combination of Super Mario Bros & Endless runners. It's sort of like playing through an endless speedrun of SMB. You jump, stomp enemies and collect coins!

How it plays
    The game is an auto-runner, so you run forward automatically. However, the twist in this game is that you have a lot more control over your character.
    [​IMG]
    You use 2 main buttons: jump and brake. (right and left side of the screen)
    The game is playable using only the jump button, but to fully master the game you have to learn how to use the brake button. It's a little easier to understand if you watch the gameplay trailer.

Other than endless running, there is also a mode called Challenge mode. In this mode you play short, extra difficult levels as DLC. See other video

I hope you look forward to it!
    Visit http://www.heigames.com for more info.

PS: I can still use some testers! Test flight link: http://tflig.ht/OLZf5P

2. biancamol

biancamol Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Digital Marketing
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    nice, i'll love to hear more about that when you have new things to share! good luck on your game!

by the way... "the game also involves sexy bunny girls"...I had to laugh when I read that. haha

3. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks!

Someone asked how you would grab the power ups ("mushrooms"). I recorded a short video:
    [​IMG]
    (If you don't see the image moving, your browser doesnt support animated PNG files)

It's very simple to pick up power ups, they'll drop in front of you. It's actually more difficult to aim for the boxes and open them.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh man this looks really good! Looking forward to a gameplay video! How are the controls?

5. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks! It's single-touch, no messing with virtual buttons.
    It was actually quite challenging to get the controls right, since a 2nd button is usually needed to perform typical other "mario" actions (for example, grabbing koopa shells and shooting fireballs). I don't have anything to show for that, so I'll leave that story for another time.

6. supermonkey444

Jul 28, 2012
    This sounds like a game with potential can you throw fireballs at the goombas and koopas and when will it come out

7. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011
    Yup, I have some more powerups in mind too, but not implemented yet. When it comes out: no idea atm

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Single touch worries me a little. Could you add virtual controls too, because those always work well with touch devices. At least for me.

9. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011
    I'm looking for beta testers!
    Also, please bear with me if this doesn't go smoothly, I've never tried Testflight before.

You're also welcome to try the PC or Android build (PC version is not recommended though)
    Windows exe (10 MB)
    Android APK (7 MB)

This is a very early build and contains the basic gameplay.Please note that it currently uses borrowed music/sounds, which are all placeholders (you'll easily recognize the Mario sounds).

If you try any of these beta builds, let me know what you think. I really want to improve this game with your feedback.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Signed up!

11. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    #11 skeletonlord, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    Signed up as well via Testflight, looking forward to it!

Edit : I wanted to play the PC version/client but I got the message that it could be dangerous. I will wait until the iOS beta.

12. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Would love to be of service! Looks very fun! I will apply through testflight, but just in case my application doesn't go through (some devs have been telling me they have not been receiving the emails) my email address is [email protected]

I have provided extensive testing for previous companies, and currently testing 3 more. :)

Thank you!

13. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks for the help guys!
    I was away all day today and I can't update the provision file atm, so I'll get to that tomorrow.

No problem. I'm not sure which one of the testflight users you are, but if you send your UDID to [email protected], I'll make sure to add it to the provision file.

Well, best to avoid it then, I built it using the Marmalade SDK's deployment for PC, which is still in beta.

14. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011
    Hey, I uploaded a build and provision file. Let me know if installing works, because I'm not really sure how things work in Testflight :p

15. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Working fine so far. :)

16. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I'll be sure to let you know about installing. Testflight is a easy program to use.

17. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011
    I think I finally got it. This whole time I wasn't able to install it through Testflight myself, probably because some certificate wasn't correct or something.
    I think it should work now.

18. HernanZh

Sep 21, 2011