Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-24-2014, 02:45 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

made some gameplay of cool clash running on an ipad miniR (latest update)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-25-2014, 07:46 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Just found out about this game, gonna go for it.

Does it play nice with iPhone 4?

Last edited by arta; 06-25-2014 at 07:51 PM..
Old 06-26-2014, 07:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Does it play nice with iPhone 4?
Yes it should run without any problems on an iPhone 4. Have fun!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:22 AM
iPhone 4S

I've tried so hard to understand this game. I unlocked the two extra characters and had a fun time on easy, but the moment I turned it to normal I can't even beat one opponent. I'm no stranger to fighting games on console or mobile, but either some extremely some bizarre design choices were made or I must be doing something wrong. The in-game tutorial is kinda bare-bones so can someone answer these questions:

- How do you block? No seriously, I think you hold on the screen to go into a block stance but I've never managed to block anything in this stance either standing or crouching
- Why are throws un-interruptible?
- Why is the range on throws so huge? I've already backdashed far enough so that my character is not touching any part of the enemy during the grab animation, so why did I get grabbed?
- Why is the only control option gesture-based? It feels so imprecise, swiping backwards often just puts me in a blocking stance so I have to swipe back twice just to throw, and then I immediately forward dash. I'm guessing this is because of the input queue, but all animations have such long start-ups that it feels so sluggish, and to compensate all you did was have a really big input buffer (hence why you can just mash out the combos). It kinda feels like an imperfect solution to a problem made just because you wanted to make a fighting game that feels different. At least have an overlay of some kind so I can know why I'm doing a low heavy attack when I'm frantically swiping backwards. You really should consider just putting buttons of some kind.
- What's the deal with any of the attacks? Sometimes during a fight the opponent will be right in my face (and not doing a throw) and any attack I do, light or heavy, doesn't hit the opponent at all despite character sprites overlapping. Not even a block animation, it's like my fist just goes through nothing and then the opponent just attacks. The help screen mentioned something about light attacks being unable to interrupt heavy attacks, but other heavy attacks don't seem to do anything either (like, I'll do a crouching heavy attack that goes under an opponent attacking high and nothing will happen). It's worst with Cricket since his punches go so far that it's baffling when none of his attacks seem to inflict even a blocking animation.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong but I just can't figure it out, this game feels and controls way too different from any fighter I've played. I see a lot of people defending the game just based on the effort it took to make. I appreciate the effort, the animations are gorgeous n all, but please don't let that shut down legitimate criticism or opposing opinions. Content-wise, you have to admit that six characters that all have one fireball, one special and two combos is kinda lacking. The animation looks great, but it's almost too well animated as it results in the game feeling sluggish as moves take too long to come out, and it feels even worse when you have a gesture-based control system with no feedback as to which inputs registered and which didn't. I like Francine, but her inclusion makes the character designs weirdly inconsistant. Why have geometric-shape characters when they could just be regular cartoon characters?

So either there's something I'm missing here or this game is just too different for anyone expecting a traditional fighter. I'm not mad or anything since I got it on sale, but the game I got was very different to what I was hoping for reading this thread. Also there's no lite version, did it get removed or is it not in my region?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hey Jenohart,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I'm sad to hear that you don't like the controls but maybe I can help you to get used to it.

- You automatically block moves when you move back
- The best way to control your character is to execute swipes(Heavy attack, combos) and taps(basic attacks) on the top right of the screen to prevent a conflict with the d-pad
- It is very effective to use jump-attacks. You have to push the jump-button(Not just a tap, taps just execute low hops). While in the air you can slow down the jump-speed when you touch the screen. When you want to attack, you swipe down to execute a heavy attack which should lead to a falling opponent.
- You can execute upper cuts when you crouch(Hold the down-button) and swipe up, this also leads to a falling opponent
- When your opponent is on the floor you can dash back(double-tap on the back-arrow) and execute a fireball from there or you can start a new heavy jump attack(Push the jump-button at the correct location)
- Heavy attacks cannot be interrupted by basic attacks

Maybe I can upload a video within the next days.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:19 AM
iPhone 4S

I gave it another go after reading your tips and unfortunately, my opinion only became worse. Swiping in the top right didn't change mis-read inputs or dashing forwards after a throw. I have never been able to land a jump attack or uppercut on an opponent in normal difficulty and I honestly don't know why. The opponent seems to be invincible during certain animations such as during heavy attacks, and there's this weird inconsistency where my heavy attacks can be interrupted while theirs can't, and my throws can be interrupted while theirs can't. Throws also have disgusting phantom range, I've thrown an opponent two character-widths away and while they were mid-air. On the flipside, I stood the same distance from an enemy and tried a throw, missing. With NEITHER of us making any movement at all the opponent did a throw from the same length and I was grabbed. That is baffling and inexcusable. The worst was when I was touching faces with the enemy and went for a grab, while the opponent went for a grab after I started my animation. My grab failed to connect despite overlapping the enemy sprite, while the enemy grabbed me. Later in the same match the opposite happened, and my grab was cancelled by the opponent. I'm sticking by my control complaints, especially when I back dash to the middle of the arena and mash the big glowing special button only for my character to swipe at nothing . At least have some form of visual feedback like indicators so I can see if the game is understanding my inputs or not.

I don't know why this only happens on normal difficulty, but the hit detection just feels sloppy and inconsistent. See, in any other fighting game I can fail and understand why I failed- I did a risky attack that was blocked and punished, my high attack whiffed and I was hit by a low poke, etc. This just feels so sloppy and inconsistent that I have no idea why my attacks flat-out aren't connecting, I don't know why I can't block attacks despite holding back (and no, I didn't try to block a crouching attack). Because of that, I still can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if there is actual problems with the AI. I'm sorry, but this is really off-putting and I don't feel any desire to stick with the product. I don't regret the purchase much though. For the sale price, the animation and art is pretty awesome, especially on Francine. The other characters are too, but the lavish animation isn't as impressive on the shape-based characters that have a more rigid form.

EDIT: I do have one more suggestion that should be easy to implement; have options in practice mode to practice against the AI at different difficulty levels. Being able to practice against an AI that fights back should make it easier to learn the ins and outs of the combat system without having to deal with winning or losing a match.

Last edited by Jenohart; 07-17-2014 at 02:34 AM..
Old 07-18-2014, 02:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I looked into it and found a problem with the AI. There is a bug where the AI blocks without a block animation which makes the fight so hard, I'm sorry for that. The easy AI doesn't have the problem. You could try to play vs the hard AI, it could be that this AI doesn't have the problem.

We will fix the issue but it will take some time until the new version is online.

Thanks for your report!

One last hint for blocking : When you press down and back(You have to press the location at the corner of the d-pad) you block low attacks, when you just press back you block high attacks.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

We fixed the issue, now it should feel much better to play vs the medium AI. We uploaded the version but it will take some time until Apple tests it, I'll post here when the update is ready.

I uploaded a video with some jump-attacks [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQTOq_nIGQ"]here[/URL]
Old 07-30-2014, 01:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

We just released the update with the fix, with this version it should feel much better to fight versus the AI.