Quick Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DodgerBlue016, Jul 2, 2011.

1. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I have a really quick question (that i'd really like answered) even though it might be a dumb one: How do I sync apps between 2 itouches/iphones? If i sync on another computer (no apps atm) will it delete all my stuff on my itouch/ rearrange it? Or will it just send the apps to the computer where it can easily be added to the other idevice. Thanks! (PS: if this is in the wrong forum, sorry, but i figured this was the best place to put it...)

2. ProtoEclipse

ProtoEclipse Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I do believe that if you sync, and your idevice has apps your computer has, it will ask if you want to transfer them. If you say yes, then it will transfer.

So to directly answer your question, it will send your apps to your comp where you can transfer to your other idevice.

Seeing as ive never done this, there may be some stuff that may happen, but to the best of my knowledge, it should be just fine.

3. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Ok, thanks! That's what I'm hoping (I have my purchases backed up on my normal computer, but I want to be sure...). Any others tried it out before? Also, on the normal computer (where all the apps are originally saved) I'm assuming you can't sync to a new idevice, but if I do a separate computer it will and then can be installed on the other idevice? Thanks if anyone else can help!

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    When you get a new device, you can choose to sync an exact replica of your other device onto it with all the save files intact. Just make sure you sync the old device first, and then choose to use the backup files when setting up your new device on iTunes. Syncing it to another computer will not delete anything. Check sync apps first, and then click transfer purchases. This syncs all the apps from the device to the computer. However, syncing to a different computer will destroy any folders you've created, rearranging your apps.