What is so great about multiplayer?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bok Choy, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    I'm tired of people complaining and asking for multiplayer for every. Single. Game. Even top down shooters and puzzle games in which multiplayer wouldn't even make practical sense or be any fun. Yet people still continually ask for it. I find it very amusing and just thought I'd post a little rant. How do you view it?

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    because why play with yourself, its always fun with the most amount of people..IE mag, 128 vs 128, biggest console FPS every

3. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    I only asked for multiplayer on one game if that makes you happy, plus it is more fun.

4. lailai

lailai Active Member

Jan 24, 2010
    The fact that it adds a lot of replay value when you have beaten the game, also, playing with real humans is real fun. When you say kill someone in a multiplayer FPS, you can go "haha I pwnd you" which will make no sense if you're beating the CPU.

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Dude, multiplayer just makes every game amazing. Would Halo (2/3) be good without multiplayer? Would CoD be good without Multiplayer? How much would you like rerunning through the campaign in NOVA over and over again instead of playing with some of your friends online?

6. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Q. What is so great about multiplayer?

A. Multiplayer. :)

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    True ;)

8. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    YES! someone got it :D

9. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    He's asking about multiplayer in top-down shooters and puzzle games... :rolleyes: I think you guys are definitely not getting what he's trying to say.

10. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    well still, its fun....idk bout puzzles but top down shooters

11. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    "I'm tired of people complaining and asking for multiplayer for every. Single. Game. Even top down shooters and puzzle games in which multiplayer wouldn't even make practical sense or be any fun. Yet people still continually ask for it. I find it very amusing and just thought I'd post a little rant. How do you view it?"

See he says EVEN top down shooters and puzzle games. Therefore he wasn't only talking about top down shooters and puzzle games, but rather all games in general.

12. WonderingIf

WonderingIf Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Kid herding
    In an alternate reality
    Multiplayer is awesome because playing against other people adds a new dimension to gameplay. Computers don't adapt. The same enemy will pop out of the same spot and react the same way everytime. Humans adapt and learn and therefore provide a new and different challenge each time.

There is also the social aspect of playing a game you like with other people like you. You make friends and compete against them and talk about it later. That is just fun to many of us.

I agree with the point that not EVERY game needs multiplayer, but even just competing for rank can be fun, too. :)

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    More replayability of course.

14. Jomskylark

Jomskylark Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Some games just aren't made for multiplayer... stick them with leaderboards but not multiplayer if they're not suited for it.

I like multiplayer so I don't feel lonely. :)