★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-08-2013, 07:23 AM
#11
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,163
Played this a bit last night, and the only complaint I have so far is that I wish you could see the computer take their turn when it is in your range to see them. It's very jarring to see the board one way at the end of your turn, and then to see just the "aftermath" of their turn, especially when they have killed your guys and they just disappear without you seeing what happened to them.
10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
#12
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Played this a bit last night, and the only complaint I have so far is that I wish you could see the computer take their turn when it is in your range to see them. It's very jarring to see the board one way at the end of your turn, and then to see just the "aftermath" of their turn, especially when they have killed your guys and they just disappear without you seeing what happened to them.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I completely understand where you're coming form with this, I did try to consider the merits of showing some, but not all moves. It's definitely something where I would like to find an elegant solution that doesn't affect the gameplay too much.

Thanks again for your input

10-08-2013, 02:30 PM
#13
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Played this a bit last night, and the only complaint I have so far is that I wish you could see the computer take their turn when it is in your range to see them. It's very jarring to see the board one way at the end of your turn, and then to see just the "aftermath" of their turn, especially when they have killed your guys and they just disappear without you seeing what happened to them.
I was trying to come up with some constructive criticism - any criticism - and this is a good point. I see that the developer has already addressed it; however I can't add any other complaints. This is a steal at 99 cents and if you're into turn-based strategy board games there is much to love here. The instructions are clear but unobtrusive (just press the "?" button on each screen, or the "How To Play" on the main screen), the dev has links to his web site, and there are several modes. Single player is what I focused on so far but there is both online and pass and play multiplayer.

So I am unable to help the dev out with any ideas on how to improve the game except for the above. But I highly recommend it. Congrats on crafting a great game. Anyone who is on the fence about this should just grab it.

EDIT: I almost forgot: love the artwork!

Last edited by witedahlia; 10-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.
10-09-2013, 04:16 AM
#14
Might give it a try, but I'd like to maybe see some footage of the actual gameplay before
10-09-2013, 06:52 AM
#15
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
I was trying to come up with some constructive criticism - any criticism - and this is a good point. I see that the developer has already addressed it; however I can't add any other complaints. This is a steal at 99 cents and if you're into turn-based strategy board games there is much to love here. The instructions are clear but unobtrusive (just press the "?" button on each screen, or the "How To Play" on the main screen), the dev has links to his web site, and there are several modes. Single player is what I focused on so far but there is both online and pass and play multiplayer.

So I am unable to help the dev out with any ideas on how to improve the game except for the above. But I highly recommend it. Congrats on crafting a great game. Anyone who is on the fence about this should just grab it.

EDIT: I almost forgot: love the artwork!
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm glad people seem to really get the game and what I was trying to achieve. In terms of help and tutorials I really wasn't sure how to address this so I'm glad you think it's been done well. I worked on another app where you really had to hold peoples' hands for the most basic things but I suppose a game of this nature should be fairly intuitive.

I've been preparing a short how to play video which contains game footage, once it's finished I'll upload it.
10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
#16
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesvsoutsiders View Post
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm glad people seem to really get the game and what I was trying to achieve. In terms of help and tutorials I really wasn't sure how to address this so I'm glad you think it's been done well. I worked on another app where you really had to hold peoples' hands for the most basic things but I suppose a game of this nature should be fairly intuitive.

I've been preparing a short how to play video which contains game footage, once it's finished I'll upload it.
I can't stress enough how much I appreciated the clear instructions over a tutorial. Everything about it was clear and elegantly presented. A video is a good idea since you already have the web site link. Best of luck!
10-11-2013, 03:19 AM
#17
Would ne Nice that the promo code snatchers return with some comments or impressions on the game...
10-11-2013, 03:34 AM
#18
Joined: May 2013
Location: Nr Cairns Australia
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundshaper View Post
Would ne Nice that the promo code snatchers return with some comments or impressions on the game...
They haven't the time; too busy looking for more freebies.
My only gripe is that I find it hard to tell which icons are friends and which are foes, also stacked icons should be easier to differentiate. Otherwise, loving it😊
10-14-2013, 04:42 AM
#19
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenemcardle View Post
They haven't the time; too busy looking for more freebies.
My only gripe is that I find it hard to tell which icons are friends and which are foes, also stacked icons should be easier to differentiate. Otherwise, loving it😊
Thanks for the feedback

I definitely would like to implement a better solution for stacking units, which mostly occurs with Spies/Ninjas and against AI.

I sort of expected the codes to disappear quickly and am just really happy with the responses I've had, thanks for all the feedback so far.
11-02-2013, 04:59 AM
#20
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Cornwall, UK
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesvsoutsiders View Post
Thanks for the feedback

I definitely would like to implement a better solution for stacking units, which mostly occurs with Spies/Ninjas and against AI.

I sort of expected the codes to disappear quickly and am just really happy with the responses I've had, thanks for all the feedback so far.
I've not played this one but what puts me off a little is the look of the game. I know it sounds like a harsh critique but I'd like to see actual units on the board (be it little "plastic" men, or properly animated characters). The little cards, while they do hark back to games of old, just make the game look a bit dated and boring. Just my two pence-worth