★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Anyone play after updating today?

Just want to make sure the gameplay wasn't nerfed too much before updating.
02-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedumbgamer View Post
Anyone play after updating today?

Just want to make sure the gameplay wasn't nerfed too much before updating.
Gameplay for me has been crazy since tbe update, much more fun! The jackhammer is just as crazy as it sounds and they strengthened the helmet too, and it's minor but the extra depth indicators really help. All in all great update to an already fun game
02-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedumbgamer View Post
Anyone play after updating today?

Just want to make sure the gameplay wasn't nerfed too much before updating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmind View Post
Gameplay for me has been crazy since tbe update, much more fun! The jackhammer is just as crazy as it sounds and they strengthened the helmet too, and it's minor but the extra depth indicators really help. All in all great update to an already fun game
The bonuses tempt you with more reckless digging...

Also: updating mid-game did not this time have me fall to my death upon opening the app like the last one did.

Those multiple-thousand $ bonuses add up pretty fast IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
The latest update ruined the game for me just as much as the previous update improved the gameplay. I think this game should be in the high score total chaos category like it was previous to this latest update. The category it moved into now with reduced (almost non-existent) crates is the boring category. I would go so far as to say I would no longer recommend this game to friends. I wish the developer would consider changing it back.🙏
05-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakedamon View Post
The latest update ruined the game for me just as much as the previous update improved the gameplay. I think this game should be in the high score total chaos category like it was previous to this latest update. The category it moved into now with reduced (almost non-existent) crates is the boring category. I would go so far as to say I would no longer recommend this game to friends. I wish the developer would consider changing it back.🙏
What exactly ruined the game in the new update?

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.
05-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
The game slowed way down and my scores slowed down with it. The lack of crates is the cause. I don't think I would have argued that the crates could be reduced but I just played a game where I didn't see a jackhammer, immortal or helm until I'd built about $60K.
If this is how the game was originally released I wouldn't have known the difference. I liked it better when you picked up items that extended your life more regularly. It causes you to take chances and attempt to descend at a faster rate. You still had to manage how to come out of a jackhammer descent without causing an avalanche that smushes you. Same goes for immortal and the helm.
All of this said I think the change makes this too different of a game. Going from high score challenges with as much chaos as you like to merely trying to stay alive = less fun. Tweaking a game is one thing, but this completely changes the gameplay and I'm not exactly sure what was broken.

Last edited by blakedamon; 05-08-2015 at 05:23 PM.