Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Try lil kingdom really good game better than tiny towers.

2. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    No gold shrines for me either!!!! That's a long way off! :D

3. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    None here either! I need a bigger hibernation cave-whaaaa! It costs too much to raise them to 15's and I need to keep them to raise to 20's someday. (How much of a dreamer am I???!!!) :eek:

4. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Level 20's!! Just imagine and island full of them! I wonder if they get any bigger?? :eek:

5. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm really annoyed. To be nice and polite and not let my fingers type inappropriate things... I have to restart my device every day, in order to be able to give gems to my friends. (I have some "friends" too, but they don't deserve my gems.) :mad:

Maybe it really isn't a problem, but it is irritating. OK? ;)
    At least I know the trick, so I can give away the gems. :D

@Timeless: I really don'tneed more addictive games now, thank you. :D (I was bored during a meeting at work and started DV on the iPhone... Do I have to say more?!? :eek: :p)

6. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I have a couple of gold shrines, and am very close to some more, but I really, REALLY do not like the colour. It doesn't look like gold; it looks like margarine, just yellow. I wish there was some way to keep the powers of gold shrines, but have the appearance of silver. For now, I guess I will hide them behind trees, or something. :-(

7. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Fair enough Yashy girl....;)
    Talking about gold shrines and the cost of levelling dragons to 15.....has anyone pondered the horrendous cost coins/food to get them to 20!!!!
    Bet that will be mind blowing :eek:

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww, that's so nice....pleased you have joined the forum and yeah these members are a great bunch to be part of....always willing to help, support and encourage when needed.

Ahh the Dodo, been there done that too....wish I had the magic combo to give you....chrome (10) earth(14) ‘eventually' got mine, decided to stick with this combo cause the fails were mostly shorter times...good luck ;)

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Oh dear, sorry to hear your app is still playing up Yash :(
    Have you tried to reload the DV app as well, don't mean reinstall it, more like reboot the actual app?
    Failing this, maybe consider a quick email to DV support, they are pretty good at replying normally

Hope I am not one of your naughty friends :eek:

10. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    girlpower, you're a gem! :p

When I get tired of it, I surely will send support an e-mail. Right now it's not annoying enough. :rolleyes:

It's about 3:30 am in Sweden and my wake-up call this morning is 0400... Gotta catch a train. Been awake since 0230, a good thing to have DV and this forum when insomnia strikes. Getting to harvest some extra dragon cash and info. N:D

11. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hey Rattler, glad you're back! Welcome to the No Gold Shrines Club. I'm so far from having one, it's daunting. Switching to autopilot daydreaming so I don't get discouraged... ahhhh that's better. heehee

@Lao-shu- think I agree with you that the gold shrines look weirdly yellow, like butter. Hiding them behind trees! - good solution! Lol

@girlie- have you tried this for Dodo#2? Sandstorm/Dodo! Seems like a sure bet!

12. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3952 Foxtail2010, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    Hi Yasha. Hope you got a little bit of sleep!
    Sounds like you should try deleting the app from your pad and reinstalling it.

13. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Saw the DV notice that our beautiful Sakura leaves May 3rd :(
    Hope everone gets their Sakura by then... Wishing for the dragon fairy to deliver for you all :D

14. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3954 Foxtail2010, May 2, 2012
    Out of curiosity, I decided to breed Sandstorm/Dodo even though I have two of each. 2 hr timer - has to be a Sandstorm right? Well I'll know soon enough. I'd speed it up but I'm only 3 gems away from Hibernation upgradation, woohoo! (thanks gem buddies!)

Guess the real push is on to get Sakura! I have my two. But if any of you need a second Sakura, maybe breed it with Flower or Clover?
    And..
    I really like that BS is giving us a few days notice before removing a limited dragon... wonder what new type is coming next?

15. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I was not trying to make anyone mad I would like for DV to give us more to do.I just play Lil kingdom and others waiting on dragons and other stuff in DV. AFter what everyone is saying not sure I want to do gold shrines unless we need them for something. Good luck everyone.

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3956 girlpower, May 2, 2012
    Not yet Foxy, having a break from another Dodo for a while....but if I do decide to try again, I will give this combo a go for sure ;)

Hope all DV forum posters have their Sakuras now?

17. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Thank you girlpower. I have settled on earth/chrome since the wait isn't bad and the money/xp is good. Helps out my metal shrine too! :) Been throwing in a few earth/fog too for fun.
    You are right about every one here being so great. I have really enjoyed just reading here because everyone is so nice and caring.

18. Noob382

Noob382 Member

Feb 29, 2012
    I haven't been active on this forum at all lately as I've been coasting along building up my army of rainbows for food money.

I noticed something a long time ago that I only just remembered. If you read the description of the large cold habitat, they manage to say the word cold 6 times in one sentence. It's ultimately useless but I find it quite amusing.

Good luck to everyone trying to breed Sakura before it leaves for a year.

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Well I don't blame you for resting. Seems Dodo is here to stay, so no rush. My little experiment with Dodo/Sand has turned up 1 Air, 1 Earth. Very short fails at least.
    I'm ready for a new dragon!

20. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Been looking at the dragons a lot lately while waiting for points to build, and the thought occurred to me that some look like they definately have jobs......
    Frost fire - professor
    Blue fire - boxer
    Love - exotic dancer
    Bloom - model
    Cactus - stand up comic
    Cold - old age pensioner
    Rust - store detective
    And the funniest.......
    Iceberg - disneyworld dolphin trainer, have you seen what it does with the ball on it's head?

Any others from all you DV addicts? :D