Win an Oculus VR Devkit!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Operatio Apps, Nov 30, 2013.

1. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
  2. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
  3. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Very very much.

4. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Oh hell yes! I've been watching the progress of Oculus Rift for a while, it would be awesome to actually make something for it.

5. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    I'm beyond interested.
    Most of the coming VR and motion tech will leave me unable to participate since I'm in a wheelchair. VR will be as far as I can go with future VR, treadmills, and most haptics.
    VR headsets will return at least a limited sense of freedom.

6. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Yes of course, dying to try it. Although after reading the post by gamer1st I say give it to them.

7. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I forgot to mention that I do have the luxury of joystick controlled movement now. :D

8. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Then i guess you want to enter this contest?

9. Thanks all for the interest! Yes, I must agree that it would be awesome to give the Oculus to gamer1st and appreciate you suggesting it :)

We have not yet defined how we will do this contest, but how do you feel about helping us out with some reviews (US) on our latest release of MATH IGNITION™ for iPad and iPhone? And we could give the Oculus to gamer1st when we have lets say about 10 reviews?

We can then draw a winner of a $50 US iTunes GC to one of the reviewers.

Who are in?

iPad:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/math-ignition-launch-lm-dock/id381799144?mt=8

iPhone:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/math-ignition-launch-lm-dock/id765145971?mt=8

10. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013

Great!

Congrats gamer1st for being an instant winner!

Although i want to review both games but these games are paid. :(

11. We are asking you if this would be something you are ok with, if not we are simply doing this another way: everyone that downloads and reviews one of these apps can win the Oculus VR. And we still can throw in a $50 GC to another winner.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/math-ignition-launch-lm-dock/id381799144?mt=8

12. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    I'm okay with it then.

But i don't know the others

13. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Would love to try that cool looking gadget.

14. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Same here.

After seeing PewDiePie played a game with it. :)

15. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    #16 Gamer1st, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    A very nice math game if you're interested in rockets.
    On the simplest level you start with a rocket on a launch pad and solve various math problems to complete the stages of prep to launch the rocket. The next hardest level starts with a multi-stage rocket. As the timer counts down and runs through the list of your answers, if you see you've missed one or more of the math problems you will regret it if you don't jettison the escape pod for the crew. If successful with the launch, they add in separating the various stages at different points on the trip to the upper atmosphere with timed math problems. Again, miss one and eject the crew or else. They keep aggravation to a minimum by not forcing you all the way back to the start if you miss a problem with a "retry" button.
    The hardest level adds in the ability to dock with and withdraw the lander from the rocket. This part isn't done with math problems but it's plenty difficult on it's own. You have to boost away, rotate and line up with the lander, thrust back and keep lined up as you try to do a successful docking. Each of these stages are numbered on the control panel so you won't be left in the dark when trying to figure out what top do and when. Go too fast or don't stay lined up and you will fail. There's an also an indicator you can watch to make sure you're lined up correctly. Use of the "retry" button here is almost mandatory while getting started. Make contact, lock, and withdraw the lander and all that's left is to rotate toward the moon and fire the main rocket.
    The game has pretty good graphics throughout and some pretty good sound effects as well. The camera is the only thing I had some issues with. It would have been nice to have more control over the camera, but managing the camera and the rocket controls at the same time would probably be too much to handle.
    The math problems themselves range from very simple addition or subtraction to greater-than less-than problems you deal with after solving double digit multiplication and division problems.
    Easily worth the $1.99 asking price if you like rockets and need to work on your math. If you're more into ponies or kittens maybe not so much.

16. Thank you so much for the great review Gamer1st :)

17. #18 Operatio Apps, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  18. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

US Only? There's no way I could pay for worldwide shipping?

19. US App Store that is :)