Is The Deep worth getting?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm still really unsure if I should get The Deep. From the gameplay I've seen, it seems to echo Ecco (no pun intended) in a lot of ways, but with a focus on completing "Quests", I guess it's not all like Ecco.

But should I pick it up? I didn't really like what I saw in the few gameplay videos I've seen.

Is there a timer at all? Any sense of danger in terms of Oxygen?

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

there is a timer(oxygen) and i have died of running out of oxygen. it is a very fun game and i havent even got the harpoon!

definitely worth the dollar it is right now!

3. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Well if you're low on oxygen you can always resurface to replenish the tank.

Why do you still want to get it if you didn't like what you saw? If all the praises in the game thread had not convinced you then I don't know what will.

4. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    im gonna agree. i originally bought this to help the earth quake victims. I did know it got positive reviews... so figured it was gonna be a decent game at any rate.. it really is a lot of fun.. def worth a buck.. buy.. buy.. buy.. :D

chris.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's a dollar, forcing people to read a thread like this for a damn dollar..
    Jesus effing Christ.

6. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I bought it mostly because they put it up on app relief, and I must say that I'm not really enjoying it. The graphics (while great) are just too busy to see what can damage you or where the walls are, the music is like elevator music from a beach resort in the second level of hell (though thankfully you can shut it off), and there's something about the controls that just don't sit right with me.

That being said, it's $0.99, and there's a lot of content to it. Even though I'm not a fan, I certainly don't regret the buy at that price, and would still recommend it (as there are a lot of people that seem to really really like it). The devs obviously put a lot of effort and polish into the title, it's just not "up my alley".

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Is The Deep that pinball game from the developer that has made like 3 pinballs games, or am I thinking of something else?

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #8 Vovin, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  9. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    exactly

and no its not a pinball game ....search before posting braindead comments

10. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    My bad then.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Just posted the link above.

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Ooh.. I didn't know this game was part of the Haiti donations dealio. I kind of feel like a douche for even making this topic now.

I'll download it to support Haiti. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by the game itself, too. So far it doesn't sound like I'll be, but hey. It's going to a good cause :)

Sorry if I offended anyone or anything.

13. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Lol. In other words, what you were saying was: 'Is helping Haiti worth doing?'.