Are there iPad Air-visually enhanced games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Exact-Psience, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's been a while since i had a retina device generally for gaming so i was wondering if there are ones that really shine on the iPad Air and take advantage of it's muscle. Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

2. #2 Connector, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Hmmm, I thought you were going to get an ipad mini retina, not an air.

Here is something to read.

http://m.imore.com/best-games-ipad-air-and-ipad-mini-retina-display

I know reading through the threads, there seemed to be around 5-10 games that seemed to be optimized for the ipad air over the ipad 4.

I don't remember exactly which ones, but I think Infinity Blade 3 was one of them.

I'm sure someone here has both an ipad 4 and ipad air and can confirm if some games play much better on the new ipad air.

I know now that I have an ipad 4 over my old ipad 3, alot of games are now optimized best for the ipad 4 with full retina and special effects.

It will be interesting how much difference in the near future games will be between the ipad air and ipad 4. Currently, as is normal, many games run better on the ipad 4, with many games having problems with the 64 bit cpu. But eventually, this will change.

Personally, I am glad now to be on the even cycles, cause I think the ipad air is still underpowered a bit due to ram. I will be looking forward to an ipad pro with hopefully a bigger screen, even faster cpu/gpu, and more ram; that can make some really awesome console like games.

And with working hdmi (ipad 4 hdmi sucks) and with detached xbox like ios 7 joysticks.

The ipad 4 just can't quite handle full ipad retina with special effects moving really fast. Games like Asphalt 8 and Ridge Racer Splitstream would be awesome at 60 fps, full ipad retina, with tons of special effects including light blooms, reflectiond, particles, shadows, etc.

I think ipad retina and nice graphics is a whole different world.

Congrats.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Both EPOCH 1 & 2 are optimized for the air. I'm sure you already know that though. I believe Xcom is as well.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah EPOCH.2 looks really fantastic on the Air. It heats up the iPad Air faster than any game i've played on it so far though.

I didnt know XCom was optimized to look better on the Air, that's good to know, i'll reinstall right away when i get back to my computer. Thanks!

5. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I don't think xcom is optimized for the air...
    There's no mention of it in any if the patch notes at all.
    There was a problem with "certain iPad Mini" devices which have been fixed, which I assume would be the new Mini, but that's just a fix for bad performance, not specifically optimizing for the device.

I've got an iPad Air, and the game loads much, much faster, but the game is identical otherwise to my iPad 3...

6. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I know that sky gamblers: storm raiders, sky gamblers: Cold War, and ib3 have special effects for the A7 devices.